• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Does your WalMart carry discs?

Depends on the area. The Walmart in Central, SC does but the ones in Aiken, SC, don't so I'd guess it's a regional thing (the Central Walmart is probably less than 5 minutes from the Central disc golf course)

Anything decent at the Acworth store or just the usual DX Rocs & Aviars and racks full of champ Grooves and Vulcans?

I have occasionally found a cool thing or two in there, but it's mainly Dx Leo's, Polecats, Beasts, Teebirds, Cobras and Aviars. My kid loves Polecats so I grab the sub 160!ones she likes there. Pro Destroyers, Wraiths, and recently Thunderbirds. Usually some RPro Darts and Rocs.

I've nabbed some sweet star discs there about once per shipment mislabeled as pro drivers.

They only refresh about twice per year though.

I have occasionally found a cool thing or two in there, but it's mainly Dx Leo's, Polecats, Beasts, Teebirds, Cobras and Aviars. My kid loves Polecats so I grab the sub 160!ones she likes there. Pro Destroyers, Wraiths, and recently Thunderbirds. Usually some RPro Darts and Rocs.

I've nabbed some sweet star discs there about once per shipment mislabeled as pro drivers.

They only refresh about twice per year though.
Oh wow I'll definitely check them out, thanks.

Some of the Walmarts in the Chicago area carry Innova. Pro mostly for drivers, R-Pro for Rocs, Darts and maybe a few others, and DX for everything. They usually have a decent selection of both molds and weights to choose from. The Pro Destroyer is the preferred model for the suburban one disc chucker bro.

I've never seen discs in a Walmart. Heck, we have Dicks Sporting goods stores that don't carry discs. Strangely the 2 local PIAS are fairly well stocked.

I'm in southeastern VA.

My Wal-Mart in AZ does. It's some brand I never heard of.

Was trying to get a buddy into disc golf so he got the Wal-Mart kit, $10 for a putter/mid/driver.

He played a few times and although I don't expect anything out of a beginner, he seemed to struggle more than most

Eventually he said he would not be playing any more and gave me the discs. I brought them to the field with me out of curiosity one day

My god I don't see how they can call these golf discs in good faith. I've never thrown rollers before but these would all turn over and roll no matter how I threw them

Really upset me because the discs turned my buddy off from the game. If I had known how bad they were I would have given him some of mine but now he's too put off to try again and who knows how many others have assumed the game wasnt for them because of these crappy discs

I love the idea of exposure at Wal-Mart, but not at this cost

My Wal-Mart in AZ does. It's some brand I never heard of.

Was trying to get a buddy into disc golf so he got the Wal-Mart kit, $10 for a putter/mid/driver.

He played a few times and although I don't expect anything out of a beginner, he seemed to struggle more than most

Eventually he said he would not be playing any more and gave me the discs. I brought them to the field with me out of curiosity one day

My god I don't see how they can call these golf discs in good faith. I've never thrown rollers before but these would all turn over and roll no matter how I threw them

Really upset me because the discs turned my buddy off from the game. If I had known how bad they were I would have given him some of mine but now he's too put off to try again and who knows how many others have assumed the game wasnt for them because of these crappy discs

I love the idea of exposure at Wal-Mart, but not at this cost

I guess this guy was not your friend.

Friends don't let friends start disc golfing with no-name Wal-Mart discs...:p

The two stores in my town do not sell discs and I'm glad as I am the only retailer of discs locally.

Last edited:
I guess this guy was not your friend.

Friends don't let friends start disc golfing with no-name Wal-Mart discs...:p

The two stores in my town do not sell discs and I'm glad as I am the only retailer of discs locally.

To be fair I had only been playing for a few months when he bought them

I knew they must be low quality because of the price but figured that surely they were at least throw-able and I wasn't experienced enough to determine if it was his form or the plastic, I was just barely getting past the noob-hyzer phase myself when he bought them, by the time I finally threw it, it was too late

I agree though that Wal-Mart is harming the sport by offering a knock-off product but I'm sure they don't care as long as people who don't know any better buy

I've never seen discs at a Wal-Mart , either here in upper Michigan or north/central Georgia. Not that I've really looked... I did see some at a Meijer's once, and a Dunhams up here had a nice (and overpriced) Trilogy selection. Even had some Rangers.

All the Meijer that I've gone to throughout Michigan, practically all four corners (from K'zoo to TC to Alpena to metro Detroit) carry Innova DX & Pro, and recently started carrying Champion Tern & Mamba. And to ensure repeat business, a few of them where in clear plastic.

Fargo ND, Wahpeton ND, Dilworth MN, Detroit Lakes MN, Sauk Centre MN, Monticello MN, Bemidji MN, Alexandria MN, St. Cloud MN, Rock Springs WY all do. Discs are usually DX Classic Aviar, Rhyno, Polecat, Birdie, Stingray, Cobra, Skeeter, Leopard, Teebird, Archangel, Beast, R-Pro Roc and Dart, Pro Starfire, Destroyer, and an assortment of i-dye Pro drivers. Sometimes Franklin starter packs and Franklin portable targets too.

Can confirm Mike C. on NC WM's. Only DG related thing I've seen in a local WM is some awful looking "frisbee golf" game with hoops or something. It had like a gator for the brand logo. No actual discs by themselves though, not even the crappy Franklin types.

Slight thread drift! What's the coolest disc you've found at your Walmart that carries discs?

I've gotten a Star Mako and a Pro Thunderbird at mine.

Port Charlotte, FL carries DX, Pro, and R-Pro Innova....pretty good variety of molds. The surrounding Walmarts only carry the Franklin set.