• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominator & Mamba On The Loose

wait so has anybody thrown a mamba yet?

I threw a light black Mamba ~166g over the weekend. It is probably one of the most understable new discs I have ever thrown. It was flippier than my beat dx Stingray even :confused: I'm not sure what gaps it will fill in bags other than very easy finesse turnover shots or tight rollers. It was understable enough I could throw it overhand and barrel roll the disc to a flat flightpath (i.e. Epic style.) I do see this disc being an excellent beginner disc and learning tool for hyzer flips. I could throw it with ~150' distance and get a nice turnover out of the disc.

Just ordered two x-out proto star stamped Mambas. I did get one of the test run black mambas. I have thrown it some, but didn't want to lose it that soon. I think it is good for stand still shots or minimal run ups. I haven't tried it as a roller yet.

So is the Mamba understable enough to be their answer to the Diamond? Just curious.

The other Mamba thread has reports of it being understable on 300' shots. Sounds like it will be a hyzer flipping distance disc for those with very low power. The disc is ****ing ridiculous looking. The PLH is so low and the dome is so huge...

It looks like garbage to me. Normally I wouldn't say that about a disc but this one is extra special.

picture.php

Crazy looking.

So is the Mamba understable enough to be their answer to the Diamond? Just curious.

I think the Diamond was designed with women and children in mind, not just lower power players in general. The Mamba is understable like the Diamond, but lacks the small rim (for small hands) and is not available in light weights (yet).

The rim on the mamba isn't as crazy thick as a boss or katana. It actually feels really good in the hand. Now if it would just stop storming in Arkansas, I could throw it.

I thought they made the Vulcan for a flippy warp-speed driver that smaller arms could throw?? Yay innova for making warp speeders insted of a new fairway or getting a good plastic line again.

Innova has an incredible line-up of fairway drivers already. What would you like to see in a fairway driver that they don't currently have?

I went out and threw a friend's Mamba today, and holy crap was it flippy. I generally throw everything with a bit of hyzer flip, but the Mamba was basically a roller on anything other than the most severe hyzers. I tried to throw a regular BH roller, and it literally turned all the way under and landed on the flight plate. It was among the most absurd things I have ever done with a disc.

How far do you throw? I played a 400' hole last night and got the mamba about 75' from the pin, thrown flat it barely turned and hade pretty much no fade. The hole may be marked long by 25-50' though. It was only my second throw with the disc so it's far from broken in.

Latest posts