• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Don't be a DB!

As a Southerner, it would not have occurred to me that stepping in the snow on the teepads in New England would turn them into ice for three months. We just don't deal with that kind of situation in the Sunbelt, where a snowfall is lucky to survive a single day on a concrete surface. Maybe these three guys were making a road trip, or were in town visiting family for the holidays? I think you jumped to an unnecessary conclusion here.

This^^. Down here, we actually consider it a privilege to play in slushy, icy, or snowy teepads. If I was to go North and play a snow covered course, it wouldn't cross my mind once to do anything to the teepads.

because salt messes up concrete/cement.

i had said earlier that i didn't realize that salt ruins concrete. and then i looked at the bag of stuff we use and it's called "green fire" which is environmentally safe as well as safe on concrete/stone. i guess salt is just a generalized term for ice melter here in michigan.

One could resonably assume the three "db's" where unaware of the harm they are causing on the teepads. I just came home from out of town after spending the holidays with my folks and I know I would have played a course if weather permited, even if there was snow on the ground. I wouldn't have know it would affect future use of the teepad.

So who's the DB? Throwing a found disc down a ravine sounds like a DB move in my book.

They make stuff you can buy at the auto parts store that you can put on your driveway and it melts the ice, and dosen't hurt the drive way. I am sure you could take a bag of that stuff to the course to melt the tee pads.

d bag complaints about people being d bags are fun. not everyone has the same etiquette when it comes to playing in the snow. get there early boss so you can have it like burger king.

Maybe after he cleans the sand out of his mangina, he could sprinkle THAT on the teepads.

After reading the responses I see that people that live in the northern parts tend to agree and people that live in southern parts tend to think that I am just whining. FYI southerners when we get snow and ice here in the north and northeast it does not go away any time soon. It will be here until mid to late April. That is three and a half to four months from now. I did some calling around last night and found out who played there. It was not some out of towners who did not know better, but a group of guys who do know better. When you live here you go shovel the walks in your dooryard and your driveway immediately after it snows so that you dont have this problem I speak of. These guys that played here knew better, and it would only have taken them a few seconds. And Trent You do not end up with sheer ice. Just like your driveway, if you clear it off the sun will take care of the rest. I do not feel bad for throwing their disc down the hillside. I have picked up an estimate of six or seven six packs of Long Trail Ale That they have been caught leaving scattered all over the course. Once by me and once by a dude named Mike. They are the type of DB's that others complain about in other threads. What I am really trying to get across is that a few seconds of your time to improve the conditions of your course by kicking snow from the tee pads, or picking up cigarettes, or beer bottles, or filling in the hole on number 8 will make life better for all of those who follow. Sometimes not taking a few seconds will make it worse.

This course you speak of where the DBs hang out. Is it the Pinnacle? I love that course.

If you are going to live in the cold, snowy north country, learn to deal with its consequences. It sucks, but snow happens, and nobody HAS to clear the tee pad for you.

i go out to local courses after it snows, lay down on my side, and roll around from end to end on the teepads to smash them down into ice that stays until march so i can go home and read threads about it after work

Instead of a discussion on how to improve communication and edequette so that the DG experience is better for all, this discussion has degraded into literary diarrhea.

Did everyone eat pissy cereal this morning?

Everyone is a DB at least some of the time. So, don't whine about it when someone else is. Just chillax and keep your DB moments to a minimum.

i.e. throwing a disc out of spite. You don't teach a d-bag not to be a d-bag by being a d-bag back. It's the same thing with trash. If someone throws garbage on a course, don't chew the person out. Just pick it up. If someone looses a disc, call them. I found some lost discs of a guy who is a total DB, but I still called him. I know for a fact he would have kept mine, but why should I be a d-bag just because he is.

And don't complain. I think being a whiner is worse than being a DB.