• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Don't be a DB!

I was playing up in Sylmar the other day, and most of the tee pads were covered in very slick mud/sand from a recent storm. You see, sometimes storm runoff from the mountains affect the course in a pretty major way. I was pretty mad though because the DB's in front of us weren't cleaning it off. I mean, I even had to play NEXT to the tee pad a couple times. THE NERVE!

What I am really trying to get across is that a few seconds of your time to improve the conditions of your course by kicking snow from the tee pads, or picking up cigarettes, or beer bottles, or filling in the hole on number 8 will make life better for all of those who follow. Sometimes not taking a few seconds will make it worse. Also the disc had no name on it. If if did I would have called to give disc back, and to have a chat with them about etiquette.

What I am really trying to get across is that a few seconds of your time to improve the conditions of your course by kicking snow from the tee pads, or picking up cigarettes, or beer bottles, or filling in the hole on number 8 will make life better for all of those who follow. Sometimes not taking a few seconds will make it worse. Also the disc had no name on it. If if did I would have called to give disc back, and to have a chat with them about etiquette.

People are people , no matter where you are. I walked outside of my apartment yesterday, and there was trash, water bottles and beer cans, all over the grass and sidewalk. It was done by the kids upstairs and I can't believe the parents wouldn't make them clean up the mess.

I went out there with a trash bag, and cleaned up the mess. I like in a very nice, gated apartment complex. There are some down the road, that have trash all over the parking lots and grounds. If they like it , they should move there. It doesn't cost as much to live there , as it does here. I pay alot to live here, and I live a clean property. I just don't understand people that want to live like this.

I pay almost $1000 a month to live here. You can live 4 miles away, for $500 a month if you don't mind trash everywhere, and having your car broken in to ,and loud music all hours of the night. I just don't get it.

Sometimes I forget how cheap it is to live in Not-Los Angeles.

to summarize: take a few seconds to think of other humans.

p.s. I threw your disc off into the shule to spite you.

p.p.s. it's cool though, the disc had no name on it.

p.p.p.s. I did call around after the round to find out who played in front of me and it was some locals so I could have returned their disc if I hadn't thrown it into the shule.

oh yeah a disc with no name..must have been those idiots who didn't clear off the teepad for me. Down the hill you go disc.
Now lifes better for everyone

Douchebag1.jpg

winner, winner, back peddling chicken dinner!

Our DBs are learning. While a month ago 6-8somes would rush to the teepad when they saw you coming now they wait for our more skilled groups to play through. It was always obnoxious when they waited to watch you drive (because they were unused to seeing players who knew what they were doing) only to delay their tee off making us wait even longer.

this thread has given me an incredible idea. If we ever get measureable snow before a tournament i'm going out to do exactly what everyone is complaining about. Then during the tournament I'm going to stand still on the teepads and throw sidearm on every hole. I'm so gonna win. I usually win anyway but this time i'll be a winner and a DB.

this thread has given me an incredible idea. If we ever get measureable snow before a tournament i'm going out to do exactly what everyone is complaining about. Then during the tournament I'm going to stand still on the teepads and throw sidearm on every hole. I'm so gonna win. I usually win anyway but this time i'll be a winner and a DB.

:hfive: you would

Not just teepads, im gonna try and clear off the fairways and parking lot of snow at my local course , i would hate to be labeled a DB and hunted down........

Not just teepads, im gonna try and clear off the fairways and parking lot of snow at my local course , i would hate to be labeled a DB and hunted down........

make sure to bring coffee, too. don't want somebody to think you're d bag.

Don't forget to put a stick in the hole on #8 too. If not you are one of the biggest DB's ever.

After reading the responses I see that people that live in the northern parts tend to agree and people that live in southern parts tend to think that I am just whining. What I am really trying to get across is that a few seconds of your time to improve the conditions of your course by kicking snow from the tee pads, or picking up cigarettes, or beer bottles, or filling in the hole on number 8 will make life better for all of those who follow.

I think the statement in bold couldn't be farther from the truth. We almost all think you're whining.

The underlined statement, I agree with. I, and alot of other people do things like this b/c we are considerate to our fellow DGers. I live in a metropolitan area, and there are people that trash my local DG courses. It's a way of life. What can you do about it? Continue to treat the courses and fellow DGers with respect? Or throw discs down hills? Which, do you think, would be more productive?

Latest posts