• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Don't Nice Me Bro, My first disc golf webcomic

Thinking that some words can influence the flight of a disc is almost as mindblowingly stupid as astrology.

Yet, you know your sign, don't you?

Maybe even the Chinese astrology animal of your birth year.

Something can be both stupid and fun.

Whenever I play golf with someone who thinks this is really a thing I nice all their shots. Some hit trees some don't.
Whenever I hit a tree after my shot was niced I blame the nicer.

I'm amazed at how many really get pissed about this. Dumb!

Yep, I once thought a buddy of my nephew was going to hit me or something...he told me to "stop talking to my f***ing disc! Every time you do I hit a tree!!!!!"

I once got the double stink-eye and united wall of blame when I niced a putt that hit chains dead-center before it flopped over basket's edge. That disc had no good reason to do that.

I'll never do that again.

Then there's the time I said nothing and we all just watched intensely while the hucker's drive off the tee hyzer'ed perfectly into the basket. That was a good feeling shared by all.

So there's that too.

Don't drink the wine before its time, and don't nice me bro 'til there's no deny'ng.

Will your disc golf drive hit a tree? View this diagram to find out.
Disc-Golf-Pie-Chart_grande.jpg

I came across a certain meme and it looked familiar. I think you have some explaining to do regarding that comic of a tree being thrown out of a building.

Screenshot-20191118-223244.png

His was a little closer, the OG meme was guys in an office building marketing meeting and the dude gets tossed out the window, the sentences can be whatever you want where he suggests something reasonable. You're right the "format" of the meme is the same, but that's how they work. There is a type, and then people iterate on it 100s of times.

I didn't see any humor in the "If Thanos Played Disc Golf" comic. Looked a bit bleak to me. Maybe instead of making one one of young players die, he could make a disc dissolve as it's about to go in for an ace. Still Thanos doing Thanos things, but now it's directly connected to our sport.

I tend to agree with DiscFifty, the "Thanos" strip was weak.
The "Talking Trees" strip was excellent!
I also liked the "Will my disc hit a tree" pie chart. There are probably a lot of funny disc golf situations that can be depicted with a single frame.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Thanks for the feedback ya'll! Yeah the tree meeting one is an adaptation of the boardroom meme, so it will definitely look familiar. As for Thanos, I actually did a variation of that one and polled some of my friends on which was better. I guess I'll clean up and release the less harsh version of that comic soon. Happy you all enjoy most of the comics so far!

There used to be a guy around here that would seriously get furious if you niced his disc. He would threaten bodily harm to you. It wasn't just in disc golf that the guy had a short fuse. He was at a bar that his girlfriend worked at, some guys were supposedly flirting with her. He got in their face threatening them and stuff.....so the guys leave and he follows them to a gas station a couple of miles away and pulls a knife on them....they pulled a gun and killed him. They were tried and were acquitted, saying they acted in self defense.

Latest posts