• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Draco

Haven't worked with the newest 1.3 Q Draco run to give an opinion (bought 175g and 172g blue ones). Early impressions are more OS than the 1.1 run, but not meathook by any means. Still got a little flashing and a kind of slick new Champion feel so ideally grip will increase and overstability will decrease with time.

Been throwing a blue 1.1 Q Draco from a couple years back. I'd expect Draco stability between Champ FB and C-Line FD3. FB seems to have a few different mold tops/processes they use (flat/dome/rim profile), but the Draco seems like the more domed mold (maybe the Sexton mold or FD3?) originally and then run through the flat top machine/process. I throw FB/Scepter/Draco and feel they are mostly interchangeable with weight, plastic blend stiffness, and grip being the major differentiators.

Threw Senor Draco a bit tonight.

I don't have a FB right now, so for comparison I threw a Flick, Panic, and GG Wraith (this particular disc is as beefy as a Nebraska corn-fed stud).

Really wanted to test some different things so gave it a bunch of weird ass throws. My early impression is the obvious one--it does Firebird things.

Beyond that, I was impressed on one particular throw in a way that is difficult to put into words. It was a high-nose FH anny/flex line, not quite tomahawk, but more than a typical anny/flex line. Quite nose-up.

I'll try the 'put into words' thing. Compared to the Flick, it *sliced* during part of the flight in a way that appealed to me. I can't say that it flew well or poorly, or even what it did. Sometimes a disc just gives you a subtle surprise, and it did that.

Last time that happened was with a Tursas. I felt like I knew what this type of disc does, but it departed in a subtle but satisfying--pleasing--way. It's not like I had trees and a target either. I just liked the gait of the disc.

I think I might be making all of this up, so I could really use some reassurance that this type of thing isn't just a me thing--y'all have seen that type of subtle play from a disc and immediately taken to it, right?

It will take a lot more play before I fall in love with it. At this point it's a workable disc that can occupy that slot. Will it become more? Idk.

I'm not going to write a big, long review on the Draco, but I'll just summarize things fairly quickly by saying this thing is exactly like a Firebird.

Calvin Heimburg Quantum (champion)model. 173-5. Flattish, but not flat as a board. Plastic is nice. Very clear and firm.

Everything about this thing reminds me of a standard Firebird. Overstable, but not brutally so. The Draco can be put on a hard anny line and it'll actually hold it for a bit before fading.

Great results. Being familiar with Firebirds, I was able to throw the Draco well right away.

Flight numbers are given as 9, 3, 0, 4 (same as a Firebird). I agree with them. Glide isn't great, but the Draco will ride flat decently for a good distance before fading out. Top distance was about 360'. The Draco likes to be thrown really hard, and will reward you with good, flat flights and decent distance.

I won't say the Draco is better (or even different) than a Firebird, but it's a very acceptable alternative.

Recently been throwing the newer stock and LE Draco runs that have been released in the last year
Quantum 1.4 (Stock) - 173-5g <light blue> : less stable and more glide than the 1.1 & 1.3 run Q Draco, probably 9/4/0/3 out of the box. One of the 2 I got had a bit of a untrimmed flashing exposed on 1/3 of the outer rim so I chose to throw that one and keep the other as backup. I may try sanding down the excess flashing at some point but this run has been reported to be less OS than prior runs.
Helio Sirius 1.1 (LE) - 171g <violet rim, light blue center> : Flies very much like a flatter Star FB and has a bit more glide than any Q run. Soft, flexible plastic blend feels great.
Lunar Sirius 1.1 (LE) - 170g <blue/green glow> : Most OS Draco I've thrown. Pretty similar stiffness to the Q Dracos but with more grip. 9/3/0/4 seems correct.

Ended up losing my long time ITB 1.1 Q Draco in March 2022 so have been using the stock 1.3 Q as a pretty direct replacement. 171g and 175g both fly about the same 9/3.5/0/3.5 even after over a year ITB for tournaments. Unsure if I will try to force one of these Sirius LE run Dracos in on either side of that but they probably will make the Fall/Winter ITB for their grip.

I'm looking forward to the latest Q 1.5 run which has been announced/released and has a bit of the luster pearly kind of look.

Thread bump! Digging this disc. Just picked up a 1.4 run of Quantum Draco.. the plastic feels AWESOME.. is all of Innova's champion feeling like this now? Gummy and pretty firm, and pearly! Super grippy.
I havent tried any other run, I see people say these 1.4's are less stable.. for me it is less stable than my fresh Firebird. Flies like a seasoned Firebird outta the box. Pairs nicely with my flat top FB.

I heard something about Jolly Launcher champion plastic returning, which sounds pretty similar to what you're describing though I dont remember it being pearly. I hope they run OLFs and JLSs in it.

I heard something about Jolly Launcher champion plastic returning, which sounds pretty similar to what you're describing though I dont remember it being pearly. I hope they run OLFs and JLSs in it.
Well, this run is much less stiff than old Jolly Launcher, but it is gummy. Is niiccee

Latest posts