• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Draco

What is the preferred dying method?

I am a big fan of the shaving cream method if I want multiple swirly colors.

Though if you want your disc easy to find, I highly recommend a dayglow, bubble gum pink, or the swimming pool glue color in just a solid color.

At least those are easiest for my colorblind eyes. Black is easier for me to find than some reds or greens .

I ended up ordering a clear Draco. Now I have to decide on a dying method in order to turn it red. It has a cool rainbow stamp so as long as I don't screw it up, it'll be one sexy dragon.

Well I successfully dyed it red. I miss my old beat up Firebird that would go really straight, but still have a dependable fade at the end. I hope this is similar.

Attachments

• 2C2B832F-9F8F-428D-A885-402F73E5E637.jpg
    2C2B832F-9F8F-428D-A885-402F73E5E637.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 96
I can see why you might've thought that. Before taking the picture, I was expecting the opposite. That red Firebird is so money. The yellow, beat Firebird I was talking about is long gone unfortunately. It was magical. There was no Ken Climo stamp, but otherwise it was the same stamp as current 12x's. I've never been able to figure out what run it was from or how old it was. My fingers are crossed that the Draco will make me stop wondering. I still haven't had a chance to throw it.

It looks like this

Attachments

• 3F4C1824-8454-4E23-9200-43C69A5799EB.jpg
    3F4C1824-8454-4E23-9200-43C69A5799EB.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 86
For what it's worth, here is the comparison I made when I first got my USDGC Zen Dracos. Both are brand new and unthrown. Probably still are right now 1 year later haha
72169361_3057524030986317_3935650520995201024_o.jpg

So I finally got out with my new CG Draco yesterday. I bag a beat in '17 Sexton FB and these two work really well together. My FB had beat into a straight to fade disc now and the Draco is a little bit more overstable. I love the way it feels and it now has a locked down spot in the bag.

I've got a new Draco on the way, looks like Orange Pink available at this point, maybe others. I ordered orange.

I look forward to testing this for a spot in the bag.

I've got a new Draco on the way, looks like Orange Pink available at this point, maybe others. I ordered orange.

I look forward to testing this for a spot in the bag.

They also still had some of the Heimburg Quantum Lunar ones available on the Millennium site as of a week or two ago. I got a 173-175 orange and a 173-175 blue.

I got some quantum 1.2s because I can't find flat champ firebirds. These are like flat champ firebirds, they are great!

No experience with the CGs. I would guess that is the case though. Barsby has described the CGs as a Sexton bird, i.e. not as beefy.

My Q's are much more overstable than my CG. The CG I can get to fly straight for quite a bit, the 1.2 Qs almost want to start fading right out of my hand.

The Q I have is very over-stable. I bought it to pair with my CG FD3 which is not as over-stable. I mostly just use it for utility shots and skip shots. Good disc.

The Q I have is very over-stable. I bought it to pair with my CG FD3 which is not as over-stable. I mostly just use it for utility shots and skip shots. Good disc.

Perfect, this is what I am looking for. I love my CG as it has taken almost all the shots that I would throw my 17 sexybird for. I am going to get a Q to pair with it for more OS shots

I lost my KC12 tie-dye Champ FB and went to replace it with a fresh champ. Found one that was least domey but it weighed 157g, told the dude 'too bad, it was the least domey' and he said words to the equivalent of 'nah son, that yellow Draco right there, now *that* is a flat top'.

I saw those CH Dracos on my last visit and thought about it. But I decided I preferred the subtle differences in rim shape of the FB.

But he got me with the classic upsell. But it is pretty dang flat. Looking forward to testing it later tonight.

What should I expect compared to a Champ FB or Lucid Felon? If anyone is a FB convert, what made you convert? Are they total overlap, or do you see variation?

I lost my KC12 tie-dye Champ FB and went to replace it with a fresh champ. Found one that was least domey but it weighed 157g, told the dude 'too bad, it was the least domey' and he said words to the equivalent of 'nah son, that yellow Draco right there, now *that* is a flat top'.

I saw those CH Dracos on my last visit and thought about it. But I decided I preferred the subtle differences in rim shape of the FB.

But he got me with the classic upsell. But it is pretty dang flat. Looking forward to testing it later tonight.

What should I expect compared to a Champ FB or Lucid Felon? If anyone is a FB convert, what made you convert? Are they total overlap, or do you see variation?

Pretty firebirdish from all reports. The color glows are more sexybird but the recent flat top quantum are beef, or so I'm told by a dude that bags one of each.

I'd definitely try them if I wasn't pretty invested in Firebirds.

Latest posts