• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Draco

DGU sold my latest stamp at the USDGC pro shop a couple days ago. I think they might possibly add them to the DGU site to sell more? I'm not 100% sure about that. These Millennium Dracos are all Lunar plastic and look suuuuppppeerr similar to a Firebird. The one I threw is straighter than a Firebird in the first part of the flight but still has that hard flare at the end. I don't throw overstable stuff real often so I'm not a great connoisseur of these discs. I have heard people comparing it to a 2016 Sexton Firebird but I don't have first hand experience with that.

draco-normal.jpg

draco-both.jpg

draco-glowing.jpg

and since Albatross asked for a comparison photo... this color glow Firebird is roughly 1 year old. It isn't board flat but it is not really domey either.
72169361_3057524030986317_3935650520995201024_o.jpg

Love the stamp and would love to get my hands on a few hopefully they'll add them to the shop.

and since Albatross asked for a comparison photo... this color glow Firebird is roughly 1 year old. It isn't board flat but it is not really domey either.

Wow, thank you, the aligned nose vs dome comparison is super interesting. It's like Innova managed to make the nose of the Draco curl up just a bit, but leave the rest of the disc as-is. I'm not yet sure what to make of it.

Wow, thank you, the aligned nose vs dome comparison is super interesting. It's like Innova managed to make the nose of the Draco curl up just a bit, but leave the rest of the disc as-is. I'm not yet sure what to make of it.

I always have a Firebird in my bag but only throw it once every 20 rounds or so. I don't know Firebirds well at all because I really prefer to throw less overstable discs. This one Draco I threw is not insanely overstable and I can see myself using it more than a Firebird. It would be interesting to hear from someone who loves Sexton Firebirds. I have a hunch this is the ticket for a cheaper Sexton Firebird.

I always have a Firebird in my bag but only throw it once every 20 rounds or so. I don't know Firebirds well at all because I really prefer to throw less overstable discs. This one Draco I threw is not insanely overstable and I can see myself using it more than a Firebird. It would be interesting to hear from someone who loves Sexton Firebirds. I have a hunch this is the ticket for a cheaper Sexton Firebird.

I've had Firebirds in the bag for almost 10 years, but mostly use 11x and flat top runs from 2012 and 2018. Unfortunately, that means that after the one Sexton bird I did have found it's way into a construction zone, I didn't replace it. Good disc though.

I look forward to trying the Draco, perhaps it will offer something that my beat up birds cannot do, while keeping the classic Firebird feel.

Bump since Heimburg is suddenly throwing one a ton. Looks real useful.

Yeah they look from his throws the way a Nate Sexton Firebird is for pro players just without the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for older runs from the years earlier.

The color glow I've been using is money. Flies like a faster flat Banshee.

Not a cheaper alternative anymore... ;)

I picked up a Draco, seems pretty decent. I know Millennium often used other mold parts.

Any speculation of what mold parts the Draco uses?

I wish I could get my hands on a Draco in decent color. I refuse to buy a black or clear disc. Such things should be outlawed.

Latest posts