• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving Putter in Premium plastic

Grip, Opto or GL Pure.
That would be my pick!
Depends on what plastic u prefer.
I drive with Grip Pures, but can´t wait to get my hands on a GL Pure.
They are selling them as fundraisers for the SDGO in Stockholm this summer.
:D

pure-opto-fr2012_b.png

ss wizard or kc aviar

I've thrown an SS warlock for a while now and it really has lost a lot of its resiliency after hitting trees countless times. Looking for something a step up in durability, even if it means losing some grip. I might have to get a kc aviar a shot though.

Like I said earlier, I LOVE throwing my soft Anode. But with that being said, I am really intrested in trying out an Opto Pure. Worried it may kick my Anode out of my bag, and I throw my Anode well! I've heard a lot of good things about the Opto Pures, they sound like great driving/approach putters.

170g soft anode is the best driving putter IMO. Very straight, holds any anhyzer or hyzer line very well, glides forever, I can easily bomb with it, and the spot where your fingers meets the flight plate is curved. Makes for a very comfortable putter drive, and anyone tht has driven with one can vouche for that.

After throwing with the anode for a few rounds my form was noticeably better.

End thread.

I've thrown Wizards, KC Pro Aviars, and Magnets quite a bit, but nothing compares to the Ion or Anode as far as I am concerned. I can't really decide whit I like better, Ion/Anode. The Anode flies like a nicely broken in Wizard or KC Pro Aviar, right off the shelf. Mine haven't really broken in much yet, but if they are like my Ions they won't change up their flights too much.

Both Ions and Anodes fly fantastic, tons of glide, and holds most any line. The biggest difference I can tell is that the Ion has a little more LSS. I think there is probably room for both in ones bag.

Both Ions and Anodes fly fantastic, tons of glide, and holds most any line. The biggest difference I can tell is that the Ion has a little more LSS. I think there is probably room for both in ones bag.

I carry and throw both, but I barely throw my Ion these days. I've found the Anode will hit most of the same lines the Ion will, but will get there faster. For sharp or gradual hyzers, the Anode just needs a little bit more hyzer compared with the Ion. Mostly I use the Ion for stall shots that need to fade left, or short to medium anhyzers that I want to flatten out quicker towards the end of the flight.

I think I like putting better with the Ion, at least in close as I mostly am straddle putting these days. Something about the bead, seems like I can get a little more zip on it with a straddle/pitch putt.

MVP plastic doesn't feel good in my hands as I don't like the way the plastic meets the rubber. I also don't like how deep the rim is as I do not have long fingers. I can't understand people calling for the end of the thread after recommending an anode or an ion.

Are they really deeper than other putters? How can you even feel where the plastic meets the rubber when gripping the disc? Most sensitive palms ever?

I'll admit I haven't thrown a Pure, but I seriously can't even imagine a better driving putter than the Anode.

If you like throwing Wizards, I might suggest the Evolution molds. From my experience, they are very durable and there's not much of a difference in Gateway's other plastics.

Latest posts