• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drug Testing?

I'm not even sure how that would work now that it's legal in so much of the US.

it wouldn't. tests can show positive for several days after or several weeks if one is a regular user. the cost for tests that show if there is a level of THC to be impaired presently would be very cost-prohibitive.

i understand how this idea is attractive to some but it stinks of moral crusading to me. it also totally ignores the reality and cost of trying to implement such a standard. further, it is not even remotely clear that cannabis is a PED as it affect different individuals so distinctly.

it wouldn't. tests can show positive for several days after or several weeks if one is a regular user. the cost for tests that show if there is a level of THC to be impaired presently would be very cost-prohibitive.

i understand how this idea is attractive to some but it stinks of moral crusading to me. it also totally ignores the reality and cost of trying to implement such a standard. further, it is not even remotely clear that cannabis is a PED as it affect different individuals so distinctly.

You know they make tests that show exactly how much MG is in your system at a given time right? Tests are a bit more expansive than the ones you are talking about. Sure a lot more money per unit, but let's not act like there are ZERO ways to tell if a person smoked 2,6 or 12 hours ago, because it's 2021 and there is.

Anyway, this entire subject is dumb and will never happen in our lifetime.

Again, do people expect the PDGA to require a breathalyzer before a round too?

I totally agree on the stupid, but it's 2021.. so here we are.

Really, if anyone is that much against alcohol or pot use.. they should find another sport. Not cycling though, that'd be bad too.

ok old body builder here turned disc golf player.... The type of anabolic steroid give a certain result. They can range from strength, mass, cutting ect. It all depends on what you take and how you train. A mass building steroid will not make you throw farther at all. So it all depends or what you take and how you train. Lets take anavar for example, will make you super damn strong but doesnt build mass like lets say tren. I was stupid using them I have side effects now from them. Corticosteroids are for inflammation not any kind of performance enhancement at all. I honestly dont believe anabolic steroids have any benefit in disc golf. The leaner I get the better I play.

Latest posts