• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drug Testing?

timj5304

Double Eagle Member
Do professional disc golfers get drug tested at all this day in age? No I am not talking about pot or mushrooms but steroids. I was watching the live feed today and 2 top players appear to be MUCH larger in size this year than in previous years and had not seen these guys live appearance yet this year and was shocked. One is a younger guy so I guess for him he is still in the end of his filling out stage but the other is in his late 20's and jacked.

hmm interesting, but who knows maybe they were just smart and know that every year this sport grows and they want to stay on top so they trained on the "off season" if u are allready in good shape a year is a long time to to get even bigger

Do professional disc golfers get drug tested at all this day in age? No I am not talking about pot or mushrooms but steroids. I was watching the live feed today and 2 top players appear to be MUCH larger in size this year than in previous years and had not seen these guys live appearance yet this year and was shocked. One is a younger guy so I guess for him he is still in the end of his filling out stage but the other is in his late 20's and jacked.

Interesting... you think pros are already starting to take illegal substances to win... it's not too far fetched with how professional sports have been stomped on by their players..... I have never read anything about the PDGA requiring drug testing at all... but you bet your ass that it is expensive as all hell to start doing... Before and After each event for proper results.. would cost thousands just for a single tourney and thats if they get cheap test kits ... if the sport starts to hit mainstream media, you know drug testing won't be far behind, for major events at least

quick point

I've seen some skinny little buggers just hurl a disc so being a gigantic roid head may not be beneficial seeing as this comes down to technique and fluid movement rather than pure strength

steroids wouldnt really help. just because a person is big doesnt necessarily mean they can throw farther, be more accurate, putt better etc.

I think the 'roid rage would be the big indicator of usage. Lots more Billy Madison-esque putts from the steroid users. And yeah, I don't foresee more muscle being much of a game enhancer.

Jenkins,%20Avery%20%28flex%29.JPG

The "nobody would do it, they won't help" excuse is what baseball people said for years.

Not that I think it is going on in disc golf (you probably can't win enough $$$ to cover a cycle of 'roids playing disc golf) but I think there is a lot of evidence that PED's can be used to gain an advantage in pretty much every athletic event.

One thing I can assure you guys is that due to the anemic amount of money that our pros can win, any payoff for using steroids would not be worth the costs.

We should start testing ping pong players, too. :doh:

Avery doesn't juice it just works out like a monster. I think he even has a degree in athletic training.

(Facebook stalked him and he does :D)

We should start testing ping pong players, too. :doh:
I'll bet you a clean urine sample that there is doping in ping pong. Part of what they say 'roids help baseball players with is with the quick reaction time. All of a sudden you couldn't bust anybody inside anymore because everybody could turn on that pitch and pull it a mile. If it helps baseball players hit pitches they were too slow to get a bat on before, you can bet it would help in ping pong.

<---- shocked.

This isn't really my expertise, I'm not much into sports. Can't stand most of them or their fans.

I'll bet you a clean urine sample that there is doping in ping pong. Part of what they say 'roids help baseball players with is with the quick reaction time. All of a sudden you couldn't bust anybody inside anymore because everybody could turn on that pitch and pull it a mile. If it helps baseball players hit pitches they were too slow to get a bat on before, you can bet it would help in ping pong.

There are different types of performing enhancing drugs. I remember in 2008 a shooter from North Korea got his silver and bronze medal taken away because he took a drug to reduce trembling. It was really sad to see doping to be so widespread in the olympics that a medalist in shooting got medals taken away him.

I think the ban on steroids in sports is stupid to begin with. Now don't get me wrong, I think abusing them and using them for a performance enhancer should be against the rules, but its kinda of stupid this day and age that supervised use of them isn't being done.

Take Ken Climo for example I sure as **** hope he is getting cortisone shots for his elbow, if not that really, really sucks for him. The fact that I can use them to get better so that I can chuck some discs and go to my desk job without pain, but people who actually live off of their physical abilities can't, just blows my mind.

I know, I know, peeps will abuse them, but they are now. I think they people that abuse them now would still abuse them, and the people that don't would use them properly to relieve pain and heal faster.

steroids wouldnt really help. just because a person is big doesnt necessarily mean they can throw farther, be more accurate, putt better etc.

/\True! I'd be driving 4/500. I'm not using roids, I'm 6'3" 250lb. I can't throw over 250

Latest posts