• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX Ape

The DX Thunderbird is plenty overstable, I'm guessing they start out more OS than their premium counterparts

Agree about DX Thunderbirds being OS, but dunno about them being more OS than premium counterparts. My Star Thunderbird is near-meathook...

I am holding an old Innova catalog/brochure that says:

"DX discs start more stable than rated and get less stable with use."

How old is that brochure?

I haven't been golfing for too long but even in my short time I've seen the quality of DX plastic go down.

The new DX discs I have gotten during the past 12-ish months have this weird waxy feeling to the plastic.

Conversely, my buddy has an old DX Shark that is from when I was still in high school that feels so much better than the new blends of DX

How old is that brochure?

I haven't been golfing for too long but even in my short time I've seen the quality of DX plastic go down.

The new DX discs I have gotten during the past 12-ish months have this weird waxy feeling to the plastic.

Conversely, my buddy has an old DX Shark that is from when I was still in high school that feels so much better than the new blends of DX

Waxy is right! Those discs suck.

Dx destroyers bomb, dx boss are great, I don't know why asking a dx ape to be throwable is so crazy.

Btw the most OS nuke I ever threw was pro-d. The first run molded up pancake flat with a sky high plh.

Id be cautious in general re:plastic type impacting stability off the shelf. Ive thrown many baseline molds which fly as OS if not more so vs premium counterparts. Its ALL about mold shape vs plastic. Innova just has terrible QC on high speed baseline drivers as well as a lot of DX in general.

Some molds designed for DX baseline fly better in baseline vs champ or star offshoots and vise versa. I doubt innova has multiple molds for discs like the Ape where thats probably the caae with teebirds etc...

Plh/dome > any plastic type

Aim is on the money on this one.

The PLH is a bit droopy on these, it's not really Domey but it has a more boss like wing. I threw some FH hyzerflips with it that were fine, and some BH bombs but this isn't an Ape in flight it's like a slightly more understable Boss, a Boss SS if you will.

Those new dx thunderbirds are really beefy they r stiff like kcpro and shaped like faf firebirds. Source: i fondled the box of them at innova.

Those new dx thunderbirds are really beefy they r stiff like kcpro and shaped like faf firebirds. Source: i fondled the box of them at innova.

DX Thunderbird is a fantastic disc. Why isn't all DX like this?

So PLH, the higher the more stable?

Yes, a high PLH will almost always make a disc be more OS.

That's why tree hits that usually turn the wing down make a diac less stable.

Latest posts