• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DX Beasts

fbusler

My buddy plays 4 beasts. he throws harder and farther than I do. All his beasts seem to fly stable. Ive got 3 and they all seem to flip or turn. even when I try and hyzer them. WTF??

I don't know what WTF means but try trading your awful Beasts for you buddy's good ones.

Welcome to DGCR!

Dx beats up and gets understable quickly. Your buddy probably has star or champion those will be alot more stable than dx

Also WTF= what the fralf

Or his form is better...

Well if you have DX and he has Champion plastic, that would explain it. Plastic effects stability. From most understable to to most overstable, the Innova plastics are like this:

DX
Pro
G-STar
Star
Champion

Wear causes the disc to lose stability. DX wears in the fastest, Pro next. Then the other plastics don't wear as fast.

Could also be technique issues.

i found an unmarked DX Beast in the woods a couple of weeks ago, it was beat in quite a bit, but I find it very useful for long turnovers, flex shots and hyzer flips :)

Try throwing his, let him try to throw yours. See what happens. That way you'll know if it's the discs/plastic, or if it's your form. People with clean form can throw farther and straighter than people with some torque in their throw (and/or less spin imparted on the disc, which leads to discs turning way more).

all good thoughts, thanks
we both throw DX beasts. mine are definitely older and more beat up.

I bought a like new 175 Beast-X from PIAS over the summer. Right off the bat, it would turn over like crazy. Have had other DX Beasts that were nothing like it. I think there are just some bad batches of these out there. It does make a good roller, though.

You need to get the "pre Barry Beasts". Those are money (from what I understand. I don't throw Beasts myself).;)