• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX ...then which plastic

My latest love has been DX Destroyers. Too much disc for me in anything premium and they start out pretty stable for me even in DX. However, after a few weeks of forehand rollers and skippy utility disc shots, they are so much fun to throw.

Nice! I actually found a beat up pro destroyer in the used bin at PIAG and gave it a few tosses. Feels like cheating. Just flips up flat and fly's for days.

yes....all listed are DX...

My advice would be to cut down on the number of driver molds, pick a couple favorites and try those in star or champ. For example, Valk and a Teebird might be a solid combo. Beat dx valk and new star valk are going to fly very different and allow you to hit many different lines with just those two discs. Champ teebird and beat dx teebird, same story.

Get a Pro Leopard. See what you think about it.

Make a better informed decision after collecting the data.

Just a suggestion.

These are the discs I have...some in multiple weights...the go to discs are in bold..

Wraith
Beast
Orc
Starfire
Valkyrie
TL3
Arc Angel
Teebird
Banshee
Cheetah
Leopard

Roc
Cobra

Dart
Rhyno

My take would be: stick to your go to discs, and pull everything else out of the bag. Of the stuff you've marked as go to (all great choices!), I'd look at Champ or Star versions of the Teebird, TL3, Pro versions of the Orc, Valk, Beast, and Leopard, and then stick to baseline for the rest. For pairs like the teebird/tl3, cheetah/leopard, and roc/cobra, you may find that a pro or star paired with a dx of the same mold fill both the more stable and more neutral/understable pieces of the pair. For example, I find a dx teebird and a tl/tl3 to be fairly interchangeable, while a champ teebird is noticeably more overstable, so I throw a champ teebird plus one of those two. That approach may make it easier to avoid feeling like you need to replace your whole bag at once.

The Valkyrie is just a really good mold with a lot of versatility depending on plastic/weight. I don't have the finesse to throw a beat in DX well but Pro beats in nice and Star/Gstar hold down the slightly overstable slot.

Good advice...we have had a few warm days in November..but the cold ones not as fun.....here comes the real cold stuff...