• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Convict

Any more new info or opinions?
I generally use a saint/saint pro combo.
I also carry a PD for a little more HHS on very windy days
I also carry a xxx for a utility.
I was hoping for a disc to slot right in between my Saint Pro and xxx.
This sounds like what I want.

I've been using a Saint Pro/Saint/Fury lineup ever since the Saint Pro came out, so two years now. I bought a couple of Convicts for no apparent reason really, and they've fit in between my Saint Pros and Saints. Similar HSS to a Saint Pro but LSS more like a Saint. Really just a point and shoot fairway, whereas with the Saint I'm usually tweaking angles/height from shot to shot. I throw Convicts hard, flat and low and they just go straight for a while and then dump, even in light headwinds.

I tried to play without the Convict last tournament I played a couple weeks ago in the name of minimalism, but there were two tee shots where given distance/shot shape/wind I really wished I had brought the Convict, so they're staying in the bag.

But if you're looking for them to be more OS than a Saint Pro, you'd be disappointed.

I feel like the Saint Pro/Convict can really fill the same slot on most peoples bags. Saint pro to me has slightly more HSS but the Convict has more LSS. Its like comparing a Teebird to an Eagle.
I would fully agree with this statement.

Unfortunately it is not what I thought or hoped the Convict would be. My expectation was a beat up Felon. I have one really beat in Felon in my bag and that is a thing of beaty. Closest thing to a Trilogy PD I've ever seen. It holds a line surprisingly long, but still laughs at most winds. Meanwhile a Convict will be a bit dumpy and there is always a risk of flipping it over when the wind picks up.

I actually think the feel of the Convict is probably the most comfortable of all the Trilogy drivers. That's why I've been patient with it and tried to push it into my bag. However, it is still waiting for that permanent spot behind the Felons and Saint Pros.

One thing I'd like to see is the Convict in Fuzion and in lighter weights. As a max weight Lucid I really have to crank it to make it fly properly so it would be nice to see if the lighter Fuzions could be easier to control.

Just ordered a lucid convict to try out.. Should be a nice straight flyer from the sound of it

Got some throws in with my convict today.. compared it with star/champ thunderbirds, and a c-line CD2.

The disc flies great, its like a more stable escape. Fits right in between my thunderbirds and escapes. Its flight was very close to my CD2, although maybe just a hair less stable. I really like this disc and have been searching for something like this for a while. The CD2, convict, and F5 all seem to be great discs for this slot.

I didnt throw my gold line saint pro today, but it seemed very similar to it.

So what's the story with the Convict? Is it gonna be exclusive CFR disc for collectors? Doesn't sound like a very lucrative business.

Does anyone know, if any of the top pros have included Convict in their bags?

It seems that with Culverin and Longbowman now available for most Trilogy pros (in addition to the slightly older and more established Saint Pro), the Convict is falling even further in the pecking order.

I heard from a DD rep at a 2 disc challenge that they didn't come out like they wanted them. DD wanted their own version of the Culverin and the Longbowman which it is not.

So your telling me there's a chance that we can still hold out hope for an Escape Pro? (which is actually probably a Culverin already)

I messed around with the Convict a bit. It definitely has some sneaky distance to it, but can turn unpredictably. Which is why I stuck with the Saint Pro. They too can be touchy, but I've learned to manipulate the angles. The Longbowman on the other hand is for me the perfect compliment for that slightly more OS slot. Sometimes it flips up on me and carries a bit straight, but I know its gonna fade hard at the end at least. Recycled Spark ended up still just a bit to OS and starts to cover Felon/XXX lines.

It finally hit production. Anyone throw one yet? I'm ordering one next paycheck.

I never got a chance to order one yet. Did anyone else get to throw a production one yet?

So I just got a couple of the stock stamp convicts. Really impressed and imo improved over the first run fundraisers. The fundraisers had some turn when new. Whereas the current stock run its pretty much just dead straight. In other words, a bit more torque resistance. It a little more OS than the Saint Pro which I really like. Its kind of like a further longbowman or GL Spark. I would much rather use a new Convict than a new Saint Pro. So I've been toying with the GL Spark, Lucid Convict, and Longbowman. I would say the convict is slightly closer to the Spark. Definitely going to keep messing with them. To compare it to innova, it really flies like a faster teebird.

How would you compare it to the Culverin? Is it as long? Which is more OS?

I really like how Culverin flies, but the Convict is one of the best feeling drivers I've ever held in my hand.

So I just got a couple of the stock stamp convicts. Really impressed and imo improved over the first run fundraisers. The fundraisers had some turn when new. Whereas the current stock run its pretty much just dead straight. In other words, a bit more torque resistance. It a little more OS than the Saint Pro which I really like. Its kind of like a further longbowman or GL Spark. I would much rather use a new Convict than a new Saint Pro. So I've been toying with the GL Spark, Lucid Convict, and Longbowman. I would say the convict is slightly closer to the Spark. Definitely going to keep messing with them. To compare it to innova, it really flies like a faster teebird.

So as stable as a long bowman, but flies further? I may have to check it out!

How would you compare it to the Culverin? Is it as long? Which is more OS?

I really like how Culverin flies, but the Convict is one of the best feeling drivers I've ever held in my hand.

Culverin is a bit faster and has more turn when broke in. I still haven't beat in my convicts yet, but to me they are more forgiving.

So I finally got some good throws in with my convict. So for me, its more of an over stable escape rather than a less stable long bowman. It definitely surprised me how far and straight it flew. Granted I was expecting a long bowman type flight. Where my bowman would dump off, the convict glides just a bit further before fading. I could see this disc finding its way into my bag.

Latest posts