• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Felon

Do you trilogy guys find yourselves reaching for a felon or xxx/trident more? I love the giant/world/escape combo but need some I for on the slower more OS trilogy discs.

Do you trilogy guys find yourselves reaching for a felon or xxx/trident more? I love the giant/world/escape combo but need some I for on the slower more OS trilogy discs.
Felon for sure. It actually dropped the Trident out of my bag.

I'd say the Felon is the most versatile of the bunch as it is plenty OS, but still gets you some distance as well. For thumbers I'd go with XXX, but other than that I'm fine with a Felon.

Stabilitywise I'd say they go Trident -> Felon -> XXX (US->OS) so if you really need a meathook then go with XXX.

Felon for sure. It actually dropped the Trident out of my bag.

I'd say the Felon is the most versatile of the bunch as it is plenty OS, but still gets you some distance as well. For thumbers I'd go with XXX, but other than that I'm fine with a Felon.

Stabilitywise I'd say they go Trident -> Felon -> XXX (US->OS) so if you really need a meathook then go with XXX.

Yep. Trident is a L flight shape, Felon can be overpowered to staying straight for awhile but always comes out while XXX is a C flight shape.

I've tried all three and really like the Felon. Didn't dig the feel of the Trident and the XXX was almost TOO OS, the Felon is perfect. Good beef and feels great in the hand.

I've dropped my XXX and now just go with the Felon. It's more versatile in my opinion and I just found myself reaching for it more. It also felt more comfortable in the hand for me.

I still like the XXX. I never really got into the Trident.

I'd agree with the above comment about the straighter Felon, L-shape Trident flight and C-shaped XXX flight.

I've tried all three and really like the Felon. Didn't dig the feel of the Trident and the XXX was almost TOO OS, the Felon is perfect. Good beef and feels great in the hand.

Felons money. Thumbers, fh rollers, wind, OS powered down, skip, workable, first runs were FAF, you name it.

Streets, how's the spark fit into that bunch?

Felons money. Thumbers, fh rollers, wind, OS powered down, skip, workable, first runs were FAF, you name it.

Streets, how's the spark fit into that bunch?

I actually have not thrown the Spark, I'm trying to get rid of it so I can focus on learning the Felon :p

I throw the spark regularly, and it's longer than the xxx, shorter then the felon and right I'm between in over stability, I bag a beat felon, opto spark, and frost xxx (but I am trying to learn to flick) always have the beat felon and spark though, good combo

I actually have not thrown the Spark, I'm trying to get rid of it so I can focus on learning the Felon :p
I can't blame you for that. Felon is one of my favorite, semi recent released, permanent additions I've had in my bag since day one.
I throw the spark regularly, and it's longer than the xxx, shorter then the felon and right I'm between in over stability, I bag a beat felon, opto spark, and frost xxx (but I am trying to learn to flick) always have the beat felon and spark though, good combo
Good to know. Thanks for the lineup description. I bet that frost xxx is pretty dope too. :thmbup:

It does what frost does...unloads it's energy when it hits something, good to have when you want around the same throw the spark gets (xxx is light 168) but without the skip or bounce In the woods

can the felon be a good forehand roller?
or midrange disc?
I'm not a big forehand roller guy, but Felon is definitely the best disc I have for that shot. Not sure if it is the overstability or flat top, but Felon holds straight very long compared to other OS discs like e.g. Enforcer etc.

How would it be a good midrange disc with it's speed 9? Wouldn't you be better off with a Trident if you want an OS midrange from Trilogy?

How would it be a good midrange disc with it's speed 9? Wouldn't you be better off with a Trident if you want an OS midrange from Trilogy?

The Trident is a speed 9 disc according to it's rim. I no universe is that a midrange.

I use a Felon for midrange distance forehands.

Except that speed isn't just a measure of rim diameter. It has more to do with when a disc switches from hss to lss characteristics. The trident is a unique disc and definitely much slower than the rim would suggest. Maybe not a 5 like the mfr rating but definitely 6 or 7. It fades surprisingly late allowing it to be powered down more than a felon which relies more on plh than on squared off rim like the trident to achieve its overall stability.

Couple of questions here's; Are their major stability fluctuations between plastics? What has been your most OS Felon? I haven't been gelling with my fd3 or firebird lately and I am trying to hone in on my preferred trilogy offering. Already have a xxx but it is so OS it makes my pd2 look flippy.

I've got four Felons and the Fluid one is by far the most OS. Almost feels like a completely different mold. After that it's been more weight related than anything. My 172g Lucid and Fuzion are pretty much the same while a beat 167g Lucid is substantially straighter.

So I'd say Fluid is most OS and heavier is more OS.

Awesome thanks for the heads up I was going to avoid the more flexible blends. The fluid/frost/elasto plastic is super floppy correct?

Latest posts