• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Felon

good luck. and hope your wallet is very deep.

I have some early run blank top gold lines, which I believe are more rare than first runs.

problem is they are now both in my bag and hold a very secure spot.

Anyone looking for a crazy OS Felon should be happy with the Lucid-X that recently got released. I've had mine in the bag for a couple weeks and it is SO MUCH BEEF.

Late to the party - got a BioFuzion Felon coming my way. Hoping it might not be as beefy as say a Lucid-X.

Late to the party - got a BioFuzion Felon coming my way. Hoping it might not be as beefy as say a Lucid-X.

Can confirm. The Fuzion and Biofuzion Felons are a usable overstable rather than just straight up beef. They still behave well in the wind due to a relative lack of glide. I can even get just a touch of turn from my Fuzion, compared to my Lucid-X that fades immediately.

Anyone seen some lighter weight biofuzion felons for sale? I can only find them in the 170's. Wold prefer the Bios in the 160-165 range.

Lost my Lucid X Felon this weekend to the local pond that currently frozen over with some thin ice.

Does anyone know how the hybrid plastic compares to Lucid and Lucid X? I'm guessing it's less stable than the X, but is it more/less stable than the regular Lucid?

So, I tried a Lucid Felon in windy conditions the other day. I noticed it isn't nearly as good as a Firebird at fighting strong wind. I was noticing some turnover when thrown into headwinds. In calm conditions a Firebird and Felon behave the same.

I guess I can't say I'm super surprised at this, since DD discs generally aren't as overstable as their counterparts from other brands.

They definitely aren't FB beefy. My guess is try out a Lucid-X Felon or a Criminal. Both will be more OS.

So, I tried a Lucid Felon in windy conditions the other day. I noticed it isn't nearly as good as a Firebird at fighting strong wind. I was noticing some turnover when thrown into headwinds. In calm conditions a Firebird and Felon behave the same.

I guess I can't say I'm super surprised at this, since DD discs generally aren't as overstable as their counterparts from other brands.

Yep, absolutely true. I think the Felon is even less HSS than the Thunderbird can be, though it has more fade. In a way I think it's a worse disc than the Firebird and Thunderbird, but those characteristics also make it great for lots of situations. Very comfortable to throw and easy to manipulate if you throw decently hard, and it also powers down well for its speed and stability.

It's not something I would throw in heavy wind, that is definitely for the Firebird. But it's really good at shaping FH lines, as well as hitting tunnels FH or BH that need to hold straight longer than a Firebird but then still have a skip at the end. When you get used to the angles on the Felon, you can hit them hard on FH and have the fade just barely flex them out and they won't skip. Interesting disc...it's actually easy to control its big fade when you get really used to them, and you can also use it like a mild thrower Firebird in calm too if you just want hyzer type shots. But I've definitely flipped them to never come back in wind.

Felon is a perfect overstable disc for me, but I also have a much slower arm than you (375' max with distance drivers) and backhand basically everything longer than 150'. So I don't need the torque resistance of someone who is a big arm or flicking more regularly. The Felon's level of overstability and lack of glide are typically as much as I ever need on the course in moderate winds. I do have a Lucid-X Felon that I will swap in for windier days (20+ mph), but most of the time I prefer my Fuzion Felon since it's longer and more workable.

I've heard the Felon compared to a Sexton Firebird. I can't personally verify, since I have never shelled out the cash for a Sexton. But that does seem to makes sense, since Sextons have a reputation of being less stable than regular production runs.

I think the Felon is even less HSS than the Thunderbird can be, though it has more fade. .

Interesting. I found the Thunderbird to fit between my Felons and my Getaways, which frankly was a hair I didn't need to split. Only threw one Thunderbird though, and it was in my bag for less than a month. I definitely don't claim to be a Thundy expert with such limited experience.

Interesting. I found the Thunderbird to fit between my Felons and my Getaways, which frankly was a hair I didn't need to split. Only threw one Thunderbird though, and it was in my bag for less than a month. I definitely don't claim to be a Thundy expert with such limited experience.

Yeah it's weird. I slot them in order of straighter to overstable as Thunderbird->Felon->Firebird. But when it's windy, the Felon will flip over and drift more, while the Thunderbird will hold very straight. It's a very strange difference between them. The Felon seems more overstable and can be thrown on more overstable lines, but it will turn easier. I have not thrown Lucid-X Felons.

Yeah it's weird. I slot them in order of straighter to overstable as Thunderbird->Felon->Firebird. But when it's windy, the Felon will flip over and drift more, while the Thunderbird will hold very straight. It's a very strange difference between them. The Felon seems more overstable and can be thrown on more overstable lines, but it will turn easier. I have not thrown Lucid-X Felons.

Idk I throw Thunderbird's in every plastic (probably my favorite disc) as well as a lucid felon or 2 in the bag for my overstable fairway slot. While I believe the Thunderbird (star and champ) handles winds a bit better I would say the Felon is most definitely more stable even when windy. The Thunderbird may hold straighter in the wind but the turn that my felon gets is negligible in the grand scheme of things. This all depends on how beat each disc is as well. Id rate the stability same as you Firebird>Felon>Thunderbird. I love felon's for their overstability coupled with great glide.

I got a Lucid Felon last year to use instead of a Firebird. It is very OS and great for skip shots and forehand flex shots. It also does have more turn than a Firebird, when thrown flat it it hold straight for a little bit where the Firebird want to fade out quick. It also does have that little bit of turn if there is some headwind. Overall, it is one of my favorite discs and I have been able to use it successfully where I would have used a Firebird.

Yep, absolutely true. I think the Felon is even less HSS than the Thunderbird can be, though it has more fade. In a way I think it's a worse disc than the Firebird and Thunderbird, but those characteristics also make it great for lots of situations. Very comfortable to throw and easy to manipulate if you throw decently hard, and it also powers down well for its speed and stability.

It's not something I would throw in heavy wind, that is definitely for the Firebird. But it's really good at shaping FH lines, as well as hitting tunnels FH or BH that need to hold straight longer than a Firebird but then still have a skip at the end. When you get used to the angles on the Felon, you can hit them hard on FH and have the fade just barely flex them out and they won't skip. Interesting disc...it's actually easy to control its big fade when you get really used to them, and you can also use it like a mild thrower Firebird in calm too if you just want hyzer type shots. But I've definitely flipped them to never come back in wind.

I was messing around in the field with some discs in the wind Sunday. I had the Felon out purposely to see what it would do. I threw it into the teeth of a 20 MPH headwind as hard as I could on a flat line. The disc bent right a little and held that for a while before fading out back to straight. The most surprising thing was the distance. 360'. I was astonished the disc went that far into a hard wind because it isn't like the Felon is a big distance or glide disc.

My conclusions: The Felon throws like a Firebird in calm conditions. It comes out of my hand and dives left pretty fast. However, thrown in headwinds the disc will display some high speed turn. Champion Firebirds simply do not. I won't say I'm disappointed with the Felon, but the results were somewhat unexpected. The Felon flew further threw the wind than I thought it would.

Felon is a perfect overstable disc for me, but I also have a much slower arm than you (375' max with distance drivers) and backhand basically everything longer than 150'. So I don't need the torque resistance of someone who is a big arm or flicking more regularly. The Felon's level of overstability and lack of glide are typically as much as I ever need on the course in moderate winds. I do have a Lucid-X Felon that I will swap in for windier days (20+ mph), but most of the time I prefer my Fuzion Felon since it's longer and more workable.

I've heard the Felon compared to a Sexton Firebird. I can't personally verify, since I have never shelled out the cash for a Sexton. But that does seem to makes sense, since Sextons have a reputation of being less stable than regular production runs.

I'd agree. I have 1 Sexton Firebird. I think its from 2017. It is EASILY less stable than other champion Firebirds I've thrown. I was able to turn it on some hard backhand rips. Regular champion Firebirds won't even think about turning at all for me.

The Sexton Firebird seemed like a shorter XCal for me. You can turn it if you really want to. It isn't a glideless brick like most other champion Firebirds.

I agree that Thunderbirds are hard to turn over. At least champion ones are. The Thunderbird I bag is a champion 175g. It will not turn over. Ever. If I really smash it I'll get a little high speed turn, but it won't drift right much at all. The Thunderbird penalizes mis-throws badly. I find that if I just don't get it right the disc will stall out quickly and uselessly.

What makes the Thunderbird longer than a Firebird is the fact that it has much better glide and holds the flat part of the flight MUCH longer before fading (mellower fade than a Firebird too). The Thunderbird is an integral part of my bag. However, if I wuss out and don't throw it hard enough the disc won't help out at all. Thunderbirds need to be thrown HARD to get them flat for any distance.

I was messing around in the field with some discs in the wind Sunday. I had the Felon out purposely to see what it would do. I threw it into the teeth of a 20 MPH headwind as hard as I could on a flat line. The disc bent right a little and held that for a while before fading out back to straight. The most surprising thing was the distance. 360'. I was astonished the disc went that far into a hard wind because it isn't like the Felon is a big distance or glide disc.

My conclusions: The Felon throws like a Firebird in calm conditions. It comes out of my hand and dives left pretty fast. However, thrown in headwinds the disc will display some high speed turn. Champion Firebirds simply do not. I won't say I'm disappointed with the Felon, but the results were somewhat unexpected. The Felon flew further threw the wind than I thought it would.

Yeah they get surprisingly good distance/glide for how stable they finish. They will laser out there on low FH tunnels really far...it's weird to think of it as a wooded shot disc but it certainly can be if you have a power FH. Makes sense why Ricky bagged a bunch of them with different wear, and why Eric Oakley loves them.

The Felon is a very adaptable disc...I get that it could be overkill for a lot of people to bag a Thunderbird/Felon/Firebird setup, but there are definitely situations where a Firebird is needed, then the Thunderbird flies the farthest and straightest overall...yet in some cases the Felon is that perfect blend of LSS with good straight glide first.

I agree with you that Thunderbirds need to be thrown hard to go forward, it's almost easier to power down a Felon for me because it just pushes straight for a bit before the fade really digs in. The Felon goes straight because of a slight turn characteristic, whereas the Thunderbird just holds all the power you give it in a straight line.

Edit: There's definitely a variety of stability in them too though. My current Lucid one is on the lower end of normal Felon stability I think, and there's no way I could throw it with power into a 20MPH wind. I don't think it would cut roll on me, but it would go right and never come back anywhere near my aim.

Really interesting analysis, guys. As a sub-400' thrower, I don't have the perspective on what these discs do when they're really pushed to their limits. It's great to hear what big arm throwers get out of discs...maybe I'll have that power in a year or two...

For my arm, the Felon/Getaway combo is superior to the Firebird/Thundy combo. But that's again probably why I'm partial to Trilogy discs over Innova -- Trilogy molds fly like their numbers for me right out of the box, whereas Innova takes a significant break in period to get there.