• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Open Coverage Air Dates Set on CBS Sports Network

Really, she makes a 37 footer on 16 to push the skins, then air discs from 15'.
Did you see Simon's face as he's walking by the camera to clean that up?

Also, glad to see they picked up some cash on the last one. :thmbup:
And Catrina laughing :doh:

Enjoyed the skins match, but did feel it was kind of disjointed skipping around so much. I get the time constraints, but it just made things harder to follow. Like Paul had a great drive on 2 and then neither he nor Rebecca were seen again for the rest of the hole. I assume the upshot was bad, but I would have at least liked to have seen what happened to such a good drive. And a lot of the time when someone was putting it was hard to know whether it was for skins or to push since some of the other putts and upshots were skipped. The commentators did a decent job trying to fill in the gaps, but it's a lot easier to keep track of things if you've seen it.

All that being said, the parts they did include were good. Paige and Cat looked great and I liked some of the banter they showed. Despite having bigger names, still less compelling for me than the OTB Skins matches that have been going on throughout the tour due to being able to see the whole thing. Does anyone know if there's going to be a full version of the match on YouTube or was it a CBS only thing?

lol keep dreaming...you ain't getting a big name talent like that (at least not yet) for a disc golf tournament especially since the current lot are probably working for next to free.

Adam Zucker works for CBS and plays disc golf. He's an active PDGA member. That's why I thought it would happen. It's not like I asked for Jim Nantz.

Boycott of major sports being a factor? So millionaires basically prolonging their payday by 1 day to "support" a cause might bring extra eyes? How is having an extra day off supporting a cause? Solidarity from 1000 miles away by skipping work?

Secondly who the F is watching CBSsportsnetwork? No one. How would anyone find this, much less be interested in it? Nate and Jerm were fine. Jerm's obvious s*** eating grin aside, but they did fine. You don't need a play by play guy or color commentary guy on some spliced together coverage. Showing FPO and MPO, Chase and lead, etc. What can you do in an hour? It was pretty well done IMO.

The "boycott" certainly impacts my TV watching. I spend most of my summer afternoons/evenings (the few I am at home, not golfing or disc golfing) working around the yard. For me, this means piddling around, getting some stuff done, taking breaks in the garage watching sports and drinking Oberon. Repeat cycle. With hockey and baseball "boycotting" fans this weekend, I certainly watched sports, not always in my heavy rotation. Golf, racing....

CBS sports in part of my sports watching. I have cable and will watch sports on any channel.

Adam Zucker works for CBS and plays disc golf. He's an active PDGA member. That's why I thought it would happen. It's not like I asked for Jim Nantz.

Zucker has also done some Worlds DVD's. 2005 for sure. I think he also did 2007.

Zucker has also done some Worlds DVD's. 2005 for sure. I think he also did 2007.

That makes it more puzzling why they didn't use him. I was concerned they would bring in a Play-by-play "talent" that didn't really know our game, and would butcher everything. But if AZ has experience, that would have been a nice addition (decided not to use upgrade :D.)

That makes it more puzzling why they didn't use him. I was concerned they would bring in a Play-by-play "talent" that didn't really know our game, and would butcher everything. But if AZ has experience, that would have been a nice addition (decided not to use upgrade :D.)

Perhaps he would not work for disc golf union scale..........free. :|

Jerm & Nate did a great job imo. My only issue was the skipping of shots & entire holes, which was unavoidable given the time allotted. I think the product was about as good an introduction to the sport as it could've been.

Hopefully Emporia is prepared for the massive influx of disc golf tourists headed their way. :rolleyes:

Out on the chainless baskets but I'm with you on the dress and such. Disc golf has a reputation that it's going to have to work hard to shed if it really wants to start gaining monetary gain from non sports/disc golf related companies. 4 hours on an off brand sports channel that's tucked away on just about every channel directory isn't going to cut it.

I would be interested in seeing the numbers compared to say the WNBA.

I get that...I'm aware of the upbringing of the XGames and Shaun White, but I don't ever really remember any drug use during that time. I don't think it was until after his career that he came out and talked about all the sex and drugs that was had and even that was done in Olympic Village.

I saw the weed commercial last night and busted out laughing. Some exec at CBS knows his audience.

Wow. You do know you're talking about a competition who's signature event is held in a venue called a half-"pipe"?

Emporia would be most likely to earn our sport's "Congeniality" award as the most welcoming city for disc golfers.

Again. Player perspective only there. There's more to disc golf than players.

Enjoyed hearing Johnny Wilson's story. Very relatable.

Thank you for your service, Mr. Wilson!!

And a local here in Texas. That was Arlington's Veteran's Park where he was throwing, repping his ADGA shirt. Come down and play the Veteran's Park Open Nov.6-8, 2020.

Jerm and Nate did do a great job! Not at all what I'm saying.

I'm simply saying that I'm floored that the network that showed the coverage has a guy on camera who plays disc golf, has done disc golf videos and knows the sport wasn't used.

Him as the play by play and then Jerm and Nate doing color - being a little more like themselves - would have been great.

So would you say the same about the rose capital of the world? The diamond capital of the world? The Juice capital of the world? The post-it-note capital of the world? The clock capital of the world? etc.

See where I'm going ...

I would believe that the disc capital of the world would at least manufacture discs and not have them made in say Sweden.

You know like the Rose capital of the World Tyler, Texas that produces, cultivates, and processes Roses.

Yeah...

Attachments

• 8021ef878d5f8c7ce1c4350a096ce136.jpg
    8021ef878d5f8c7ce1c4350a096ce136.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 12
Just noticed they are showing this again...

The event rounds will be on Saturday morning starting at 6am and the skins match is on Friday at 6:30pm est and Monday at 7pm.

Latest posts