• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

Charcoal is a whole new color scheme from the original black and grey. It's main color is a stone-type textured black which is the charcoal part. There are accents of pure black material. And grey zippers. If you go on DDs website and enlarge the charcoal pic, you can see the front of the bag has a textured color material.

Still not sold on the bag as a whole, but that is one of the coolest color options to come from any backpack.

Last edited:
Charcoal is a whole new color scheme from the original black and grey. It's main color is a stone-type textured black which is the charcoal part. There are accents of pure black material. And grey zippers. If you go on DDs website and enlarge the charcoal pic, you can see the front of the bag has a textured color material.

Still not sold on the bag as a whole, but that is one of the coolest color options to come from any backpack.

Awesome, had no clue the black and grey was different as well. I currently have one of the solid black ones and love it. Might not be for those that need a huge amount of space, but it works for me and I'm happy. Much like putters and Disc golf companies in general, your bag is a personal choice. I support DD and enjoy the bag quite a bit.

Pics i saw looked black and grey to me. Also saw some of the fracture color. Thinking about buying one today but i want to make sure what im getting first. Tried calling and got answering machine.

Pics i saw looked black and grey to me. Also saw some of the fracture color. Thinking about buying one today but i want to make sure what im getting first. Tried calling and got answering machine.

AM Worlds starts later this week in Emporia, KS. It's going to be a tough week to get ahold of anyone at DD, I think.

Here's a side by side of the Charcoal vs. the Black and Grey. You can see the material difference, as well as the zippers.

Attachments

• 4975-929.jpg
    4975-929.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 116
charcoal.

Well i did get hold of them. I was called them before they opened. Guy said the charcoal was really cool and the material was a different pattern and so on. Didnt really understand but i went ahead and got one. I have seen the black on black i. Person and liked it but he said it was discontinued. He also said they would have some other colors down the road but he didnt know which ones or exactly when. Maybe september but he was kind of guessing he said.
Thanks for posting tbe side by side pic. I aasume the second is the black and grey?

Charcoal

I can see the difference in the pics now that Im on my home computer and not my cell. Not at all what i was expecting but it looks cool. Also to the person who asked, yes it is the second run.

Second run of a second son

Well the first and the second run are the exact same thing then

Nah. If you look on DD website it says underneath the ranger what changes they made. Thicker straps, bigger disc compartment and something else I cant remember.

I had one for two weeks before I bought my limited edition Golf Mahal. This bag rocks, I preferred it significantly over my Revo Dualpack.

The new ones are not the same. Just got my fracture red in the mail a couple of days ago. You can tell the difference in the upgrades to them. Disc go in and out with eze now and they fit better also since they widened the bottom of the bag. The straps have more padding also and it fits very comfortable to me. The other upgrade is stiffer sides so the bag won't slump over when carrying a bunch of stuff. I love it so far even though I have only got a couple of rounds in with it.

AM worlds players got a 2nd run Ranger in their players packs. I'd expect a minor flood of them on the MP in a couple weeks if anyone was considering one.

Latest posts