• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

I too got a second run in the mail this week (more out of curiousity, as I've got a grip). First impressions: Very Light, Fair/Good Design, very cheap materials. I'd seriously question the durability of the bag. I hope that I'm wrong, but it seems a thorn bush can tear this bag apart.

Erick

I have a first run Ranger and after about 6 weeks of use and abuse I haven't had one snag or tear and I usually leave my bag on when searching through thick rough full of thorns. I've often been worried when I feel a branch or thorn dig into it but have yet to have any damage. Much better durability then I had anticipated.

I have a first run Ranger and after about 6 weeks of use and abuse I haven't had one snag or tear and I usually leave my bag on when searching through thick rough full of thorns. I've often been worried when I feel a branch or thorn dig into it but have yet to have any damage. Much better durability then I had anticipated.

6 weeks is nothing in bag life LOL. but still great to hear it's holding up.

i dont know what you guys do to your bags. while the material is not as dense as grip or voodoo the materials seem like they will hold up fine to everyday use. there is a limited lifetime warrantee too. meh either way mine is coming in today will give it a good run this weekend and next week. the weather here is finally cooperating.

My Ranger review

i dont know what you guys do to your bags. while the material is not as dense as grip or voodoo the materials seem like they will hold up fine to everyday use. there is a limited lifetime warrantee too. meh either way mine is coming in today will give it a good run this weekend and next week. the weather here is finally cooperating.

Very true. I went from A Prodiscus to a Ranger. Material is not as high quality as it was but I think it is good enough. However only time will tell. Some Pros and Cons after using it a few weeks. I have the Charcoal.

Pros:

• Bag looks awesome. Really cool design.
  • Putter pocket is cool.
  • Good storage up top although not as much as my Prodiscus had.
  • I have 16 discs in the midle and that includes 4 putters, 3 mids and the rest drivers.
  • Designated towel clip.
  • Pockets are well thought out.
  • Bag hasnt tipped over. Very level.
  • Discs fit well since the redesign.
  • Bag does not sag on sides like first run.
  • Best stool holder i have seen on a bag and it doubles as a umbrella holder.

Cons:
    • Putter pocket only holds two and Im used to three coming from a Prodiscus
      • Putter pocket is a little sug and discs rub the pocket above when putting a second disc in.
      • Material does not seem as sturdy as on my Prodiscus but I dont think its chea either.
      • Only one drink holder although you can use the stool pocket if your not carrying a stool.
      • Tag holder is a little low to the ground. My tags would be on the ground if I used it. Towel clip works pretty good for tags.

I like the bag as it is not near as wide as some others and it is not as boxy as it seems. I have had several bags and this one I really like.

Unless he loves the way his Dynamic Discs Ranger bag slinds......... Is slinding more overstable or understable?

lol i meant sounds iPhone.

anywho. got the bag tonight looks great wow. I like the layout. my MVP mids are tight in there. I filled the bag with mids hoping to stretch it out some. they are not gonna get damaged in there but definitely a snug for for those. the boxiness looks fine in person. loaded up with the sam eload in the grip the ranger feels different with the frame. It feels somewhat lighter on the back but the same off. the putter pocket is money. the materials are not grip/voodoo level but seem tough enough for our use. we will see on that over time. If this stretches a little I am a very happy camper.

So I went to buy the Ranger Bag on the Dynamic Disc site and the coupon code 10DDEP is no longer working for 10% off. Does anyone know of any other Coupon codes??

The more i use the ranger the more I like it a lot. the pocket layout is nice. the top storage is insane. i leave it open and put my towel up there among a ton of other things. it is nice to have it up higher. i love reaching back to put my putter away in the putter pocket. nice and easy. i am carrying 19 in the main. 2 putters 6 mids 11 drivers.. not tight at all. smaller diameter discs towards the outside.

rides well, i may get flamed but i like the way it rides better than my grip.

*Really* digging this bag thus far. I got the Fracture Red color and it's badass! Even though I've only used it for one round, it's already infinitely more comfortable than my Innova Competition bag with DGA Gel-Strapz. When I've got some more experience with the Ranger I'll formulate a proper review.

Ok, so I was thinking there has to be a way to put metal in the top of the bag, and a padded cushion, making a seat like a simian... I really want to try this

Got my charcoal ranger today. First off I was expecting a 2 tone bag and that was not the case. Looks more like a grey plaid. Very pleasantly suprised. Nice looking bag.

Used it for 3 rounds. Feels lighter than my innova deluxe w/ quads and with tons more storage. I didn't want a huge bag and this fits the bill nicely.

Just bought a DD Ranger Bag today. I saw it at a disc golf/ head shop in Charlotte, NC for $140 and had to pounce on it. I've been wanting to get a backpack style dg bag for a long while and had been hesitant to spend $250 on a Grip. I was able to see this bag in person and was really surprised by the quality of the build. I use an Ogio backpack as my everyday pack and have been beating it to hell for about six years and it has held up great so I trust the brand. I only have one round with it and am really pleased with how it felt as opposed to the Innova Deluxe Bag I've been using since circa '08. The main compartment seems really tight though. I have 13 discs in the main area and they all sit at a slant. I'm completely fine with that though. They fit snug and it is really easy to pull out/ put back in the discs. Overall, I'm happy with the bag so far and am glad that I saved myself $100 by not ordering a Grip.

Just bought a DD Ranger Bag today. I saw it at a disc golf/ head shop in Charlotte, NC for $140 and had to pounce on it. I've been wanting to get a backpack style dg bag for a long while and had been hesitant to spend $250 on a Grip. I was able to see this bag in person and was really surprised by the quality of the build. I use an Ogio backpack as my everyday pack and have been beating it to hell for about six years and it has held up great so I trust the brand. I only have one round with it and am really pleased with how it felt as opposed to the Innova Deluxe Bag I've been using since circa '08. The main compartment seems really tight though. I have 13 discs in the main area and they all sit at a slant. I'm completely fine with that though. They fit snug and it is really easy to pull out/ put back in the discs. Overall, I'm happy with the bag so far and am glad that I saved myself $100 by not ordering a Grip.

Hey I am living in charlotte for the month and also have a ranger. What shop did you find it at, Infinity's End? I havent been in there in awhile because our PIAS is so good. I'll be looking for you out here.

Hey I am living in charlotte for the month and also have a ranger. What shop did you find it at, Infinity's End? I havent been in there in awhile because our PIAS is so good. I'll be looking for you out here.

I got it at Cloud9SmokeShoppe in Mint Hill. Cool place. My bag may forever smell like incense. I don't live in Charlotte, I was there for several weeks training for a new job. I will be visiting that fine city often though. So many incredible courses. Renny, Hornet's Nest, Nevin & Reedy Creek got most of my attention.