• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

After fondling this bag at Glide this week, I have to say its a solid bag for sure. the improvements are definitely noticed. i got to check out a very early version, it was very stiff and uncomfortable compared to the grip. this new one with the extra padding and stiffer sides feel way better loaded up. the pockets are nice too very well thought out. the towel clip is very nice, and a oh duh why did no one else do that feature. This bag also does not look near as boxy in person. Its a great offering at a lower price than the grip and voodoo mahal etc. I may have to get one.

After fondling this bag at Glide this week, I have to say its a solid bag for sure. the improvements are definitely noticed. i got to check out a very early version, it was very stiff and uncomfortable compared to the grip. this new one with the extra padding and stiffer sides feel way better loaded up. the pockets are nice too very well thought out. the towel clip is very nice, and a oh duh why did no one else do that feature. This bag also does not look near as boxy in person. Its a great offering at a lower price than the grip and voodoo mahal etc. I may have to get one.

If I break down and finally buy a backpack the Ranger is the front runner, but someone mentioned that the nylon used is of lower quality than the other backpacks on the market. They certainly have a solid look though.

I saw one of the first runs the other day...

From first glance it looked very functional but had a noticeable lean to one side.

Struck up a conversation with the bag owner and he liked the bag but wasn't happy with the obvious issue.

When u load up that top pocket it adds allot of weight forcing the bag to one side..

I'm guessing all DD needs to do if beef up he sides of the bag and problem solved..

I saw one of the first runs the other day...

From first glance it looked very functional but had a noticeable lean to one side.

Struck up a conversation with the bag owner and he liked the bag but wasn't happy with the obvious issue.

When u load up that top pocket it adds allot of weight forcing the bag to one side..

I'm guessing all DD needs to do if beef up he sides of the bag and problem solved..

What in the world has he been keeping in it? I've had several discs and extra water in there and not had any issues.

thanks to pwingles i have a ranger on the way!! its gonna be a long few days to wait!! super excited for this bag, now i can stop drooling over it every time i go to the shop. the new grey is stellar looking too!!

Got a 2nd run for cheap from the MP should be here today. From what you all are saying i hope i am not disappointed

I too got a second run in the mail this week (more out of curiousity, as I've got a grip). First impressions: Very Light, Fair/Good Design, very cheap materials. I'd seriously question the durability of the bag. I hope that I'm wrong, but it seems a thorn bush can tear this bag apart.

Erick

I've been using the Cabela's XPG bag since December and really like it. I did not build an internal frame for mine but it has done well without. I got a Ranger in the players pack at Am Worlds and was reluctant to use it....superstitious I guess..but after my son ragged on me day and night about WHY I didn't use my new bag I got up real early before the fourth round and loaded it up for the day. I was totally impressed. Everything had a place, it was balanced and comfortable, and I just enjoyed the layout. Damn....I hate it when I'm stubborn and don't listen to good advice...my kid was right!!!
Also, on the subject of superstition, I shot one of my highest rated rounds ever at Municipal on round 6 with the new bag. Go figure......

Can't believe we haven't seen at least 10 or so of these in the MP yet. Heck, only one or two on ebay.

I've been using the Cabela's XPG bag since December and really like it. I did not build an internal frame for mine but it has done well without. I got a Ranger in the players pack at Am Worlds and was reluctant to use it....superstitious I guess..but after my son ragged on me day and night about WHY I didn't use my new bag I got up real early before the fourth round and loaded it up for the day. I was totally impressed. Everything had a place, it was balanced and comfortable, and I just enjoyed the layout. Damn....I hate it when I'm stubborn and don't listen to good advice...my kid was right!!!
Also, on the subject of superstition, I shot one of my highest rated rounds ever at Municipal on round 6 with the new bag. Go figure......

Everyone I know is surprised how much better you distribute weight with a backpack design over the traditional bag and quad strap setup. It's the only way I could carry 20 discs and the extra water I like to have. I have a Grip but I've used the Ranger a little and it's comfy too.

Can't believe we haven't seen at least 10 or so of these in the MP yet. Heck, only one or two on ebay.

I'm not too surprised by this actually. I saw so many people using them when they got them at Am World's I think many people are replacing their old bags with them or at least holding on to them until they decide for sure to sell it.

I would probably keep it in mint condition and wait to see if that color combo is ever run again or if they will become limited.

I haven't even really seen a lot of the player pack discs up for sale either. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I expected to see a lot of stilettos, cranks, and truths for sale and I'm not really.

I understand but you have to figure that a good # of these players already had the new series Grip, Ergo, Spinal Tap, etc. etc. bags. I'm sure it's a very good bag but is it on the same quality level as those? If I was an am player with a new Grip bag, this bad boy was gonna get sold quick. And who knows? There might have been guys with wads of cash buying these up at the tournament....

I too got a second run in the mail this week (more out of curiousity, as I've got a grip). First impressions: Very Light, Fair/Good Design, very cheap materials. I'd seriously question the durability of the bag. I hope that I'm wrong, but it seems a thorn bush can tear this bag apart.

Erick

That's interesting. I have an Ogio ball golf bag and it's bomb-proof. From what I've seen, I trust them. I was waiting to get a Ranger from the flood of people selling the bag they got at the am worlds, but reports of mass sales -- so far -- have been greatly exaggerated. Anyway, if you're looking to move your Ranger, PM me so I can post my review.

"That's interesting. I have an Ogio ball golf bag and it's bomb-proof. From what I've seen, I trust them. I was waiting to get a Ranger from the flood of people selling the bag they got at the am worlds, but reports of mass sales -- so far -- have been greatly exaggerated. Anyway, if you're looking to move your Ranger, PM me so I can post my review."

I agree about the quality of Ogio products, they build good stuff and I hope mine holds up well for years.