• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Thief

There's a reason everyone's been saying the numbers are off. I rate it as -2/2, like a bomber River or a Valk, for my arm speed. Haven't thrown recent ones though. Sounds like it's flying 0/1 for you, and I bet if you add a little distance it'll start being -1/1 and then get more width to the turn from there.

Top pro's throw them for their flippy rollers. The 0/2 is not true at all IME.

I agree with this mostly. I throw Trilogy Challenge Bios for my flippy fairway. I have only thrown my buddy's Lucids a few times. Neither is beat in (or at least don't show any damage), but one is noticeably more flippy and has less fade. I would call the more stable one -1, 1 and the other -1, 0.5. I would say my Bios (can't speak for production runs) start around -1, .5 and work into more like -2, 0.25.

They seem to lose HSS before losing any fade (which they never had much to speak of in the first place). Great disc,but it NEEDED updated flight numbers. To me, Thief is a slightly less stable/fast Escape.

They seem to lose HSS before losing any fade (which they never had much to speak of in the first place). Great disc,but it NEEDED updated flight numbers. To me, Thief is a slightly less stable/fast Escape.

Agree! I have a 160g Lucid Escape that I found (no info on it) and I've finally got the arm speed to get it to fly as the numbers indicate. Unfortunately it's brown and I have a devil of the time trying to find it once I have thrown it. Ordered a Convict a while back and it seems to fly true to numbers much more so than the Thief. I may have to put it back in the bag until I find a true OS Fairway from Trilogy that I like.

Thanks for everyone's input...glad to hear it's not just me thinking the Thief is much less stable than it is supposed to be!

TripleB

Latest posts