• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Warden

Has anybody gotten their hands on one of the new Burst Wardens yet?

Has anybody gotten their hands on one of the new Burst Wardens yet?

Nope, anybody have any advice on where to look? Seems that only retailers across the atlantic have gotten a lot of the new burst discs.

My latest, brought back from the Upside Down.

I3ASU3.jpg

I putt with Classic Wardens. The Warden is awesome.

Have you putted with Aviar P&A? If so, how the feel of the Warden compare to the feel of the Warden?

Putted well with the Aviar today but love the fell of the Classic Blend plastic.

Stores around here have the Judge, but not the Warden.

Thanks!

TripleB

They're identical. You won't notice a difference, I promise.

:D :wall:

Lord help me...I shouldn't be replying to a post while in Wal-Mart watching my son play the Nintendo Switch!!!

I meant how does the feel of the Warden compare to the Aviar P&A. In looking at a couple reviews since I got home it seems they're basically the same except the Warden is a little more curved around the edges.

Thanks for the help!!!

TripleB

Have you putted with Aviar P&A? If so, how the feel of the Warden compare to the feel of the Warden?

Putted well with the Aviar today but love the fell of the Classic Blend plastic.

Stores around here have the Judge, but not the Warden.

Thanks!

TripleB

First disc I putted with was the Star Aviar P&A, then I used a GStar P&A (not a bad putter at all), and the McPro Aviar. The Warden feels very different to me. The Warden feels more shallow and more comfortable to me.

Nope, anybody have any advice on where to look? Seems that only retailers across the atlantic have gotten a lot of the new burst discs.

Dynamic has the bursts on their website now. I'm tempted to grab another one in Classic Soft.

Won a Classic Bar Stamp Burst in a raffle at a charity BYOP today.

bKEKcB.jpg

First disc I putted with was the Star Aviar P&A, then I used a GStar P&A (not a bad putter at all), and the McPro Aviar. The Warden feels very different to me. The Warden feels more shallow and more comfortable to me.

I appreciate the feedback. I had settled on the Pure but something keeps bringing me back to the Aviar P&A, Aviar Classic, and the Judge...love all three depending on the day and hour. The Judge feels slightly more shallow than the Aviars but not a great deal.

If the Warden is more shallow than the Aviar P&A then I better stick with one of the Aviars.

Again, thanks for the comparison!

TripleB

If the Warden is more shallow than the Aviar P&A then I better stick with one of the Aviars.

In looking at the specs on the Infinite website (assuming they are accurate) the Aviar Classic and Warden have almost identical specs.

Aviar Classic / Warden:
Diameter: 21.2cm / 21.2cm
Height: 2.0cm / 2.0cm
Rim Depth: 1.5cm / 1.5cm
Rim Width: .9cm / 1.1cm

And the Aviar Classic fade is 0 and the fade on the Warden is .5

The Aviar P&A is similar except the rim depth is only 1.0cm.

TripleB

In looking at the specs on the Infinite website (assuming they are accurate) the Aviar Classic and Warden have almost identical specs.

Aviar Classic / Warden:

And the Aviar Classic fade is 0 and the fade on the Warden is .5

The Aviar P&A is similar except the rim depth is only 1.0cm.

TripleB

No wonder I liked the Aviar Classic when I tried it. But if an Eleventh Commandment came down and said we had to use all-Innova, I'd putt with the Whale... does NOT feel like the Warden, but putts like it.

TripleB

Here's what I found on the official specs for the PDGA approved list:

Aviar Classic / Warden:
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.4 / 19.1
Rim configuration: 55.75 / 66.25

They are similar with the measurement (rim configuration being the notable exception) but to me, the warden feels much shallower in my hand.

Using Innova's ratings I'd put the Warden more like a 1 to 1.25 fade, similar if not more than an Aviar PnA, but less than a KC Aviar.

Both very good discs but I've made my choice, and plan to stick with it, full stop.

Last edited:
Here's what I found on the official specs for the PDGA approved list:

Aviar Classic / Warden:
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.4 / 19.1
Rim configuration: 55.75 / 66.25

They are similar with the measurement (rim configuration being the notable exception) but to me, the warden feels much shallower in my hand.

Using Innova's ratings I'd put the Warden more like a 1 to 1.25 fade, similar if not more than an Aviar PnA, but less than a KC Aviar.

Both very good discs but I've made my choice, and plan to stick with it, full stop.

Can't agree with this more. Must be the curvature of the rim or something, but it's much easier to throw a Warden for me than a KC Aviar.

Funny, after a great amount of putting with many different putters today it came down to the fact that I was most comfortable putting with the Aviar P&A and the Judge.

The problem I have when finding a putter I love is that I like for it to have a good amount of rim but I don't want too much of an angle (sloping away from the edge of the disc) to it...makes my index finger (which I rest on the rim/shoulder) feel like it's falling off. I guess you'd say that the disc doesn't feel secure in my hand if it's sloped too sharply. Also found out I don't care much for a squared off edge to the disc...makes it too frisbee like for me.

I think that's why I like both the Aviar and the Judge. The Aviar has enough room and isn't sloped too far back. The Judge has a rim that allows my finger to feel secure.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

TripleB

After what seems like 100+ putts with the Aviar P&A vs the Judge, I find the lack of a bead on the Aviar leads to a more pinpoint accuracy on all distance of putts. I think I have 4 different putters with a bead or microbead that I've tried over the past couple of weeks and the Judge is the only one I've had any amount of success with. But when I put it head to head with my Aviar P&A, the Judge just doesn't have as good of accuracy as the Aviar. I'm not sure if it's the feel of the bead on my finger at address or at release or what. The Classic Blend definitely feels better in my hand than the DX Aviar, but something about the Aviar just lets me be a bit more accurate.

That's why I'm now even more curious about the Warden...especially with the incredible look of the 'Burst' colors.

How does the feel of the Warden compare to any of the following putters (and I'll only be using it for putting): Aviar P&A, Aviar Classic, Classic Deputy, Ringer, Pure, Swan 1 Reborn, P2, Colt. Some have said the Warden feels shallow which worries me because I don't feel real comfortable with 'thin' putters (ie: Ringer)

And for those of you using the Warden, what's your plastic of choice?

Thanks!!!

TripleB

How does the feel of the Warden compare to any of the following putters (and I'll only be using it for putting): Aviar P&A, Aviar Classic, Classic Deputy, Ringer, Pure, Swan 1 Reborn, P2, Colt. Some have said the Warden feels shallow which worries me because I don't feel real comfortable with 'thin' putters (ie: Ringer)

I dug out some of the putter molds that you mentioned above, and am feeling them up right now in order to give my appraisal of them. I was too lazy to spend the time to dig out a P2 or Ringer or Colt, so I have no comparison with them.

Compared to the Aviar P&A, the Classic Grid Aviar, the Judge, and both Swans(1&2), a Warden does feel a bit shallower. The shoulders on each of these molds rounds more slowly from the outer edge toward the center of the disc. Another way of saying the same thing is, the flat(ish) top of a Warden feels like it extends closer to the edge of the disc. This gives it a slightly different feel than all the other molds mentioned in this paragraph.

I think that a Deputy feels shallower than a Warden, although it has a more rounded shoulder also. A Pure feels the most shallow, in my opinion, and its flight plate seems to extend flat toward the farthest point on the rim of all the discs I am holding here.

I have big hands, and like deep dish putters. Pures have always seemed too shallow for me. I have putted with both Swans, and of the two I prefer the Swan2 because it seems a bit deeper. I have had success with the Classic Aviar, but very much prefer Lat64's base plastics over DX, just as you expressed you do. I like stiff plastics, so my choice would be Zero Hard.

I think generally a person could like Wardens if they prefer a mold that is a bit shallower, but not extremely so.

My assessment is, of course, a poor substitute for feeling the molds yourself. When it comes to putters, I certainly advocate experience over arguments.

Latest posts