• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

The tour series color glow Champion blend is different (gummier/more flexible) than the CFR color glow Champion blend that Innova produces (rigid and grip more like regular Champion). I felt up one of these pink CFR Eagles from a local tournament and they were not the same as the Barsby (more dome, stiffer plastic).

Color wise, the Barsby Eagles were primarily green/blue/magenta swirly blends (same with Sexton Firebirds/Jen Allen TBs/Heimburg Toros). Barela TB3s were softer but had mostly solid color Pink & Blue more like the CFR runs.

Perfect response! I was sort of leaning towards no just based on the stiffness (or lack thereof) of my other color glows (Barela, Sexton, Allen) and based what I've read in here about the 2022 Barsbys being softer. I had no idea there was ANOTHER color glow out there though. I guess that's what I have! You cleared it right up AND I THANK YOU, KIND SIR.

Setting up a trade for a Barsby as we speak... Still gonna beat up this CFR though... especially when it warms up.

Anyone have experience with the newer CFR color glows and how they fly/beat in?

Last edited:
Perfect response! I was sort of leaning towards no just based on the stiffness (or lack thereof) of my other color glows (Barela, Sexton, Allen) and based what I've read in here about the 2022 Barsbys being softer. I had no idea there was ANOTHER color glow out there though. I guess that's what I have! You cleared it right up AND I THANK YOU, KIND SIR.

Setting up a trade for a Barsby as we speak... Still gonna beat up this CFR though... especially when it warms up.

I believe Sexton may have sparked this divide a bit. When his TS Firebird was made he asked to mold them in the plastic blend and 'mold' that matched some CFR color glow FB available in a certain prior year. So potentially a CFR blend could closely resemble the Tour series one at some time in the future. There are variable levels of the glow, color, gummy, and weighting additives in every blend so things could definitely be fine tuned/changed in the future for any run of discs.

I have one that is either a 2020 or 2021 tourney stamp, and I really like it.

Starting out pretty beefy but not crazy. Probably flies -0.5/+3 right out of the box. (Whereas I'd put the JL circle stamp run from a few years back at 0/+3.5, for reference.) Decent glide. Kinda middle of the road Eagle X territory. In my opinion.

How do they beat in? Slowly! The plastic has a little bit of flex to it, not floppy but a slight give. So it will bend and bounce a little instead of taking big damage on impact. The surface scuffs but does not seem to get big gouges. So break in takes a while.

The beat in flight is kind of typical for Eagle X: the high speed turn increases and that's the most noticeable change. The fade does get a little gentler and takes longer to kick in, but it's still reliably there.

Hey Eagle people. After seasoning a DX Eagle into a perfectly straight flier, I'm thinking about picking up a new Champ EagleX, around 164g. I get that DX out to about 300' with my current arm speed. What kind of flight can I expect from a new champ Eagle in that moderate weight? I've heard ppl describe new champ eagles as "beefy" (y'all's words, not mine) and like a mini firebird, which I'm not interested in.

Hey Eagle people. After seasoning a DX Eagle into a perfectly straight flier, I'm thinking about picking up a new Champ EagleX, around 164g. I get that DX out to about 300' with my current arm speed. What kind of flight can I expect from a new champ Eagle in that moderate weight? I've heard ppl describe new champ eagles as "beefy" (y'all's words, not mine) and like a mini firebird, which I'm not interested in.

it will be a mini firebird for you

Like Dekdo said, it'll be a mini firebird. It'll start off as a good OS wind disc and after a while it will beat into a glorious line carver.

You won't find it's remotely the same disc. Gstar would be your best bet if you really want a premium plastic otherwise stick to DX.

You won't find it's remotely the same disc. Gstar would be your best bet if you really want a premium plastic otherwise stick to DX.

X2. I've never had a DX Eagle, but I suspect my GStar Eagle L is as close as you can get in a premium. Maybe a Star Hawkeye, etc. I've got a couple fresh ones that I think will beat in pretty nicely, but feel -1 new.

That's what trees are for guys. My name is stupid trees not hit the gap. I am an expert at seasoning discs. Fresh premium eagles are just as useful as super beat eagles.

That's what trees are for guys. My name is stupid trees not hit the gap. I am an expert at seasoning discs. Fresh premium eagles are just as useful as super beat eagles.

Yes but did you read the request? They're hoping a 10/10 Champ EX flies straight like a worn DX...that's a lot of tree hits. Why not buy a different mold or plastic to suit flight needs - emulation and complimentary/pairing are different.

Yes but did you read the request? They're hoping a 10/10 Champ EX flies straight like a worn DX...that's a lot of tree hits. Why not buy a different mold or plastic to suit flight needs - emulation and complimentary/pairing are different.

Nope, not actually what I asked. Originally Just wondering what a new champ EX would fly like for my 300' arm. Def got my answer. I'm well aware that my beat Dx EX is a whole different thing.

Thanks for y'all's replies. My main local course is fairly wooded so I might pick up that new champ EX as a wind disc (very appropriate for our Feb-May weather here in southern Idaho) and hope that I can beat it into a nice line shaper by autumn.

Well then I apologize to all and I should check my vision/reading comprehension. Sorry for the hostility Trees.

Nope, not actually what I asked. Originally Just wondering what a new champ EX would fly like for my 300' arm. Def got my answer. I'm well aware that my beat Dx EX is a whole different thing.

Thanks for y'all's replies. My main local course is fairly wooded so I might pick up that new champ EX as a wind disc (very appropriate for our Feb-May weather here in southern Idaho) and hope that I can beat it into a nice line shaper by autumn.

FWIW I throw around 300 feet and it's taken close to two years for my Champ Eagle to "beat in" so to speak. Probably flies close to 7/4/-2/2. I don't play many wooded courses but I'd imagine it'd be useful if I did

I've been trashing a CG Barsby and although the fade kicks in later, it hasn't lost much fade. Gonna be even more amazing in a few more months. It has flattened more with use