• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Can Eagles and Teebirds coexist in the same bag?

sure...just bump up to tb3 =)...i would only bag the eagle and classic tb to use eagle for fh and tb for bh though. I currently bag a very beefy CG 22 tour series eagle and pretty beat in halo tb3. Iven been reaching for the TB3 less and less frequently lately though since falling in love with the hawkeye/dark rebel.

speaking of 3ness...wheres the eagle3!

Unless you get something beat in, I don't think you'll see enough separation in flight between the TB and Eagle. A mix of FD and Eagle is my FW sweet spot.

A flat champion Eagle is an Eagle3. They are only found in used bins these days.

Get that arm speed up.. you should see the flight you want 350+

That's really, really far to throw an Eagle. I'd bet you'd need at least a 50+ mph arm speed to throw a premium plastic Eagle that isn't beat to hell that far. We are talking like less than 1% of all disc golfers who could do that.

I bag 2 star PFN Eagle X. One is pretty new and the other is seasoned lightly and flies pretty straight but still dumps. For most people their Eagle can fill the slot that most pros use a firebird for. I know my new Eagle is basically my Firebird slot, and that's what great about it. It's basically a usable seasoned Firebird for amateur golfers.

That's really, really far to throw an Eagle. I'd bet you'd need at least a 50+ mph arm speed to throw a premium plastic Eagle that isn't beat to hell that far. We are talking like less than 1% of all disc golfers who could do that.

I bag 2 star PFN Eagle X. One is pretty new and the other is seasoned lightly and flies pretty straight but still dumps. For most people their Eagle can fill the slot that most pros use a firebird for. I know my new Eagle is basically my Firebird slot, and that's what great about it. It's basically a usable seasoned Firebird for amateur golfers.

id think most advanced players can probably get an eagle to 350..
Ill let you know how my new glow barsbys fly soon, just got a radar gun too.

Idk, there were like 5 out of 13 people at our indoor practice this evening driving across the field with stable to os fairways, which is around 350'. And only one of those is over 900 rated.

Reporting my my Barbsy CG eagle is a great shorter FH disc compliment to the FB. I'd put it at, for me, 7403.5, its OS all day.

sure...just bump up to tb3 =)...i would only bag the eagle and classic tb to use eagle for fh and tb for bh though. I currently bag a very beefy CG 22 tour series eagle and pretty beat in halo tb3. Iven been reaching for the TB3 less and less frequently lately though since falling in love with the hawkeye/dark rebel.

speaking of 3ness...wheres the eagle3!

Hot water, a 2.5 lb dumbbell plate, and time works really well! 😉

Attachments

• 20221211_101250.jpg
    20221211_101250.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 47
Stack of old pat # L molds arrived in the mail yesterday. MmmmMmmmm

attachment.php

Attachments

• D1192322-997D-4133-835A-AB989BC61856.jpg
    D1192322-997D-4133-835A-AB989BC61856.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 194
When you guys say "flat" how "flat" are you talking here?

I've thrown Eagles for over 10 years and never prioritized "flat". I look for a nice, even dome (not pop top) without that damn "ledge" between the flightplate and wing. And they have always been great flyers. Stability you can trust, great glide. Pretty much dead-nuts right on the -1, 3 flight numbers.

Anything with that "ledge" is an overstable, glideless turd that I would consider a "bad" eagle.

Anything with a nice seamless wing/flightplate transition with an even dome (whether domey or more on the flatter side) have flown pretty much identical.

Old post, but can anyone help the village out and tell/show us what this purported "ledge" is?

Another question... I have this fresh color glow Eagle with a 2022 tourney stamp. It's pretty sexy if I do say so myself. I think the stamp is neat. That being said, does anyone know if this is a 2022 Barsby in disguise? How can one tell? All I can say is that it's stiffer than my 2022 Barela TB3s, 2022 Sexybirds, and 2021 Jen Allen TB (all teal fwiw). Doesn't quite have that level of bubblicious gum (yet?).

Attached a couple pics. I'm at a loss for why the front pic is showing up sideways. Appy polly loggies!

Attachments

• 20221215_234654.jpg
    20221215_234654.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20221215_234643.jpg
    20221215_234643.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20221215_234916.jpg
    20221215_234916.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
Another question... I have this fresh color glow Eagle with a 2022 tourney stamp. It's pretty sexy if I do say so myself. I think the stamp is neat. That being said, does anyone know if this is a 2022 Barsby in disguise? How can one tell? All I can say is that it's stiffer than my 2022 Barela TB3s, 2022 Sexybirds, and 2021 Jen Allen TB (all teal fwiw). Doesn't quite have that level of bubblicious gum (yet?).

Attached a couple pics. I'm at a loss for why the front pic is showing up sideways. Appy polly loggies!

The tour series color glow Champion blend is different (gummier/more flexible) than the CFR color glow Champion blend that Innova produces (rigid and grip more like regular Champion). I felt up one of these pink CFR Eagles from a local tournament and they were not the same as the Barsby (more dome, stiffer plastic).

Color wise, the Barsby Eagles were primarily green/blue/magenta swirly blends (same with Sexton Firebirds/Jen Allen TBs/Heimburg Toros). Barela TB3s were softer but had mostly solid color Pink & Blue more like the CFR runs.