• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

In case you guys haven't heard, the eagle3 is upon us. Millennium and Clavin had to correct the Dave D's error and give us the Vela. Sounds like the heavy ones are pretty beefy, my 163's are flu like a max weight champ EX.

I've been trashing a CG Barsby and although the fade kicks in later, it hasn't lost much fade. Gonna be even more amazing in a few more months. It has flattened more with use

CG Beagles rule. Had one in the bag since late last summer and I think it's lost a touch of HSS and LSS, like 7/5/-1/2-2.5. Actually found one in a used bin (grayish) and it's a bit beefier than the blue one I've been bagging started out.

Got another blue one in reserve, should have got a couple more.

CG Beagles rule. Had one in the bag since late last summer and I think it's lost a touch of HSS and LSS, like 7/5/-1/2-2.5. Actually found one in a used bin (grayish) and it's a bit beefier than the blue one I've been bagging started out.

Same here...my OS 7 slot is filled and beefy enough with those.

In case you guys haven't heard, the eagle3 is upon us. Millennium and Clavin had to correct the Dave D's error and give us the Vela. Sounds like the heavy ones are pretty beefy, my 163's are flu like a max weight champ EX.

I want this post revised and on my desk by Thursday morning.

yeah just grabbed another, very nice run

Help identifying old Eagle

Found in a lake - couldn't find owner. Looks like a dog toy & I love it & it's unique "seasoned" flight.
Says glow distance driver- so assuming pretty old.
The googles hasn't helped find when or about - it's a rancho cucamongo made one.
Any help would be a nice assist?

Attachments

• B0659D06-4D68-4F91-80A7-2EE13EA0337C.jpg
    B0659D06-4D68-4F91-80A7-2EE13EA0337C.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 48597AA0-9498-465B-86E5-623420FF568C.jpg
    48597AA0-9498-465B-86E5-623420FF568C.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 25
Found in a lake - couldn't find owner. Looks like a dog toy & I love it & it's unique "seasoned" flight.
Says glow distance driver- so assuming pretty old.
The googles hasn't helped find when or about - it's a rancho cucamongo made one.
Any help would be a nice assist?

Can you show a picture of the rim profile?

Saw some Champ Eagles on a couple websites around 150 grams. Anyone got experience throwing the lighter weight champs?

Saw some Champ Eagles on a couple websites around 150 grams. Anyone got experience throwing the lighter weight champs?

I had a couple CE eagles, x mold, 160ish grams (later jolly launcher run) that were the discs that finally talked me off the "max weight or nothing at all" cliff that I was standing on for most of my early career. Can't speak to lighter than that but those were super predictable line shapers.

Why, yes I do have experience with the greatest fairway driver of all time around 150 grams. 150 class champ eagles have been my primary driver for a few years now. For me they fly a lot like the heavy ones, they just start off in the sweet spot. They're fairly good in the wind. You can't rip one hard and flat in a headwind and expect it to fly straight to fade, but they are controllable. Once you get used to them, you can hyzer flip them into a headwind and shape some lines.

If you want a little more beef the millennium vela is basically an eagle 3. I got some 163 (as light as I could get). They had some off center flat topping happen to some of the first run velas. Luckily mine were fine. It sounds like they gave people a refund and are working on getting more made. Hopefully we'll get more velas soon.

Ordered a couple of the factory second champ glow eagles. Haven't thrown them yet, but I'm thinking based on the feel that these are the same blend as my beloved '21 ish molded opaque domey run. I've acquired about 10 or so of the regular champ run of these. They fly great and have the bonus of looking better than your typical glossy run of champ. I wonder what part of the blend it is that gives them the matte finish.

Softer than regular star but not crazy like gstar. Dome on mine is prominent let's say. More like a 21 with a decent shoulder than it is like last year's that was nice and flatter. Wont be able to throw it for a while, but doubt ill grab anymore unless it has some serious beef to it

I cant wait to try a vela, hopefully more helios come.

The champ eagle in my bag is one of yhe best flyers I have, but it straightened out and now barely gets used because none of the local holes need that shape. I'm almost always wanting something less stable and drop to the Jls, or need that early cutting fade the eagle had when fresh, and use my EXPX. I hope the Velas are as OS as it because it seems to have taken over that slot in millenniums lineup.

I had already figured out how good a super OS eagle would be and that's why I found the EXPX. It's an eagle X wing and a banshee top, and it pretty much flies like a 7 speed firebird (& less skip)