• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I have two of the 22 Barsbys, and they feel great. Kinda soft-ish like most color glow. I have actually never been an eagle thrower and I'm probably still not. But there is currently one in the bag. They are stable for me backhand. I can get most teebirds to 330-350ish. These are much shorter, for me. Probably 300. Hold up great in a headwind. I'm trying to pair it with my perfectly beaten in TB. I think once it gets some turn it will be equally as long for me.

Less stable and much softer plastic blend than the 2019 Barsby TS Swirly Star ones. Color glow 2022 run has a flatter profile & softer feel than the 2021 swirly star while still being more stable. All of them are more FH friendly than Teebirds. Compared to the domey stock Champ/Star runs available I'm happy I picked a couple of each year up to play with.

Has to be the shoulder/top mold profile making the Eagle more torque resistant and less nose angle sensitive since the bottom rim is shared between the Eagle and Teebird. My FH form likely has a bit more OAT with the Teebird profile when throwing with more power.

Eagle L help please

So I just bought some Eagle L's from innova factory store.
When they arrived it looked as though they could be older plastic.

The tooling does not have the "www website address" - not sure if this can be used to date a disc or a mold

I checked some DX eagle l's I purchased earlier this year, and also checked some exodus discs I throw…. Both of those had "www.innova etc… " on tooling.

The champion glow f2's are penned with EL and plastic feels a bit older.

Any enthusiasts out there who may be able to help date the disc? I'm not sure if innova just pulls some old runs out of a warehouse and releases a few periodically, or if they actually do new runs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• DFA98A1B-E3A8-4974-96D9-C788021AB4D8.jpg
    DFA98A1B-E3A8-4974-96D9-C788021AB4D8.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 7F3D79E9-CD0A-4D91-845B-5C7046B5FA6C.jpg
    7F3D79E9-CD0A-4D91-845B-5C7046B5FA6C.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 895F6A2F-586D-4E83-9D17-CD87FD96AE21.jpg
    895F6A2F-586D-4E83-9D17-CD87FD96AE21.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 49
So I just bought some Eagle L's from innova factory store.
When they arrived it looked as though they could be older plastic.

The tooling does not have the "www website address" - not sure if this can be used to date a disc or a mold

I checked some DX eagle l's I purchased earlier this year, and also checked some exodus discs I throw…. Both of those had "www.innova etc… " on tooling.

The champion glow f2's are penned with EL and plastic feels a bit older.

Any enthusiasts out there who may be able to help date the disc? I'm not sure if innova just pulls some old runs out of a warehouse and releases a few periodically, or if they actually do new runs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Good find. Penned like that is definitely an older run. They do apparently just find old stock sometimes and stamp it F2. They filled one of my orders with some old gummy opaque patent# champion eagles last year. If it doesn't have patent tooling then it's (probably) from somewhere between 2010-17. I've got a tourney stamped glow EL from 2011 that looks kinda similar (veiny, cloudy); I don't have it close at hand to confirm what the other toolings were. There may have been other runs in that time frame but probably not many.

Super helpful, thanks for the information. Looks like I came to the right place.
I should've mentioned.. they have a patent number.

Yeah, the plastic seems a bit like champion with no luster finish… the oil from my thumb seeps into disc and gives it that shiny finish (under thumbprint) which soon dissipates back to the opaque, veiny look.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• 94649F55-08D4-4410-9585-50C38B64870E.jpg
    94649F55-08D4-4410-9585-50C38B64870E.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 33
You hit the jackpot, those are cal tooled. Pretty old, 11x era.

The old 11x cal teebirds were the best teebirds. I'm assuming your EL's are fairly flat for EL's. They'll be fairly beefy to start, I had a couple of those glow EL's and they didn't have any high speed turn out of the box.

I'm surprised they still had those. I bought like 8 or so in the fall of 2018 thinking I'd be getting X molds. Those came in, and it was hard to be disappointed. I wiped the F2 stamp, dyed my favorite color, and now they are the perfect backup to my usual opaque Ls when I need to carry water or when playing in the winter. The only real difference I notice compared to the 11x run is they aren't quite as stiff, and have just a slightly higher dome. I chalk that up to not having any coloring agent.

Yeah, fairly flat for el and took five to the field today, couldn't get any turn - my son throws about 425, and he got ''em to turn up to flat but didn't turn over. I assume they'll beat in pretty niceLy.
I bought 10 last week, as I was putting them in cart I noticed the availability said 18… went back the next morning to pick up the rest and they were gone. I was thrilled when they arrived.
Thanks for the feedback

Yeah, fairly flat for el and took five to the field today, couldn't get any turn - my son throws about 425, and he got ''em to turn up to flat but didn't turn over. I assume they'll beat in pretty niceLy.
I bought 10 last week, as I was putting them in cart I noticed the availability said 18… went back the next morning to pick up the rest and they were gone. I was thrilled when they arrived.
Thanks for the feedback

You got some good eagles. Those to me are the money run for me. Opaque, slight dome, slightly gummy.

Eagle F2 experience appreciated

I throw Exodus, Eagle Ls. One fresh with some fade and one beat that is dead straight to 310ish for me.

Also, a Champion Eagle X that is a meat hook. Maybe 275, but very useful when windy.

But picked up a Star F2 Eagle X and it's just so nice. More shapeable than the Exodus, and maybe a little longer, but not as stable as the Champ.

Before buying a couple more of the F2, has anyone else had a similar positive experience with them? Hoping it's not a fluke run.

I have a pink champion color glow EX that's a dream! Nice and stable but more glide that the new star barsbys

But the new Barsby's are color glow.
(?)
What color glow do you have and what the heck are you actually comparing it too?
The 2021 Barsby stars were super stable but also glidey as all heck. (Kicked my domey backhand Firebird out of the bag.)

I throw Exodus, Eagle Ls. One fresh with some fade and one beat that is dead straight to 310ish for me.

Also, a Champion Eagle X that is a meat hook. Maybe 275, but very useful when windy.

But picked up a Star F2 Eagle X and it's just so nice. More shapeable than the Exodus, and maybe a little longer, but not as stable as the Champ.

Before buying a couple more of the F2, has anyone else had a similar positive experience with them? Hoping it's not a fluke run.

I picked up a couple F2 star eagles recently and they're what I'm used to seeing out star eagles. I've always liked star eagles better than champ. Champions start off like banshees and take forever to beat in. Stars usually start off a little less stable and beat in a little quicker. The more eagles beat in the better they get. You can cover a TON of lines with 3 eagles in the bag. About the only line they aren't great at is tunnel shots. You can pull it off, but there are better tools for the job. Dx eagles can flat out bomb, but the recent runs have come out floppy and unpredictable. Dx eagles can be the best eagles or the worst ones.

Overall stars are my favorite. They'll give you more useful lines quicker and I think they give you a little better glide. Also, I personally like the F2 stamp better than the gaudy full color Eagle stamp.

Good perspective on the F2 Stars. Validates my sample size of 1.

I do enjoy the Exodus but have them in I-blend and the beat to straight quickly. Very nice, really. But the Star Eagle seems like the sweet spot. Even do well for my work-in-progress sidearm.

Off to the Pro store I go.

I bought an INNfuse Star about 2 years ago and it was basically a Firebird for me so it scared me off Star plastic. I might have to look into some F2 Stars now however