• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Eagle McMahon 2017 (midseason) WITB

It amazes me how much dgcr users place emphasis on the disc and not the archer. Eagle could score close to average with rummaging through a used bin at PIAS closest to the nearest tournament course.

we know it's the guys throwing and not really the plastic but it does matter.

I've seen Eagle on facebook asking to buy specific runs of discs. It's important. It might not be a huge difference, but there's a difference.

Armchair warriors talking about how placing 3rd at BSF isn't impressive... ****. It's impressive when you're on a hot streak. Let alone having recently struggled with your game, bagging 90% new discs (many of which weren't his, but requested and donated via social media) have to overcome mental hangups BECAUSE of some feelings of poor showings recently, and taking a decent amount of time off the competitive tour scene. A month off might not seem like that huge of a deal, but steel sharpens steel and playing B-Tiers at home isn't the same.

****in' great for him to knock out 3rd at BSF and even giving himself a chance at taking the win.

Thanks everyone on here for telling me how unimpressive it was. Now I know so much better and will try to be less impressed in the future. Geez.

Haha yeah 75MPH will make anything go far...

But I definitely noticed a trend with him keeping similar slower discs after your post (or changing fairway molds if the same known-stable run wasn't in his bag). With his arm speed drivers are drivers, he can pick out a new PD2, throw it once, and know how it flies. But finding a midrange that holds dead straight or turns very slowly at his power level is probably way harder, and has to feel more trustworthy to the thrower.

Thanks everyone on here for telling me how unimpressive it was. Now I know so much better and will try to be less impressed in the future. Geez.

haha Everything Eagle does is impressive.. The discs though, don't matter as much as people think. He is a very talented young golfer.

haha Everything Eagle does is impressive.. The discs though, don't matter as much as people think. He is a very talented young golfer.

Yes, Eagle is an impressive disc golfer. As to discs, well, yes and no. These pros can throw just about anything (see: starter pack challenge), but get the "right" disc for them in their paws, and look out! :thmbup: it's a thing of beauty.

Does it not seriously bother anyone else but me that Eagle does not throw a ****ing Eagle?!

You kindof have to right?!

I'd like to see a close up his "pd3". I sold him a few green metal flake maxes maybe 2 years ago and just curious if any of those got the stamp wiped.

Latest posts