• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Echostar

I don't know about the 'normal' stamp Echo plastic, the Echo Bosses I have are from the USDGC if that makes any difference on stability. Stashed away I've got some first run Echo Xcalibers, but haven't checked the stability of those verses other Xcalibers. Guess I will if and when I start throwing them. Got another Echo Xcaliber I traded for that I may go do comparisons with today just to see if there's any noticeable difference. For Echo Teebirds, I don't have any so I can't weigh in but one local pro is convinced the green ones are waaay more stable than any other Teebirds short of the 11x KC's.

i have an E* XCal and I found it to be considerably less overstable than the reg stars. I found the Wraith to be the same way (flies similar to the Special Blend Wraith IMO). I wasn't a big fan of the TeeBirds though for the reason stated above.

im thinking echo star boss/TB will be my next purchase. Then depending on how I like that, maybe venture into a dart, valk, wraith, and leo

im thinking echo star boss/TB will be my next purchase. Then depending on how I like that, maybe venture into a dart, valk, wraith, and leo

That is a very good combination if I might add. Make sure the boss is flatter and the teebird is champion. One disc is just a huge bomb and the other is more of a precise one. Awesome pickups!

i have an E* XCal and I found it to be considerably less overstable than the reg stars. I found the Wraith to be the same way (flies similar to the Special Blend Wraith IMO). I wasn't a big fan of the TeeBirds though for the reason stated above.

Echo molds are generally less stable because of the plastic breaks in faster than normal star. Also, the echo molds seem to have less swoop on the wing of the disc. But the odd ball in the bunch is the destroyer. I have one with tons of dome and it has comparable stability to the star boss, maybe more of a vicious skip. Great in the wind though if you like the feel of a destroyer.

Echo molds are generally less stable because of the plastic breaks in faster than normal star. Also, the echo molds seem to have less swoop on the wing of the disc. But the odd ball in the bunch is the destroyer. I have one with tons of dome and it has comparable stability to the star boss, maybe more of a vicious skip. Great in the wind though if you like the feel of a destroyer.

thanks for that explanation. Yeah i have a friend that likes the echo destroyer

what do you mean "set me back a minute?"

If you can throw the disc, it will take all you can give it. The disc will literally hold a line for 350(not a statement bosses are known for), and come in with a wicked skip.

Put it this way, I have never thrown a high speed driver that has the perfect combination of speed/glide/stability. The plastic is the bonus as it breaks in perfect, but because of stability, the echo boss just keeps getting longer.

my experiences with them have all been flat. on the other hand, my E* xcal is the domiest thing in my bag

Latest posts