• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Effort in finding one of your favorite lost discs

I don't own anything expensive, the only discs in my bag with sentimental value are the rocs and wizards I've spent a bunch of time beating in. Even those have backups at home, so I would rather go on with my day than spend an hour looking for a $10 piece of plastic.

I dont spend much time looking for discs either. The only way to truely lose a disc on the courses I play is in the water hazards. Im not swimming in duck crap to get them out. I need a disc rake so I can get them back out. One time a tree swallowed my disc. I threw a wild shot into a lone tree, it stayed in the tree. I climbed up it, but never found it.

loose (ls)
adj. loos·er, loos·est
1. Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
2. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
3. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
4. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
5. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
6. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
7. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
8. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club.
9. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
10. Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
11. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.

lose (lz)
v. lost (lôst, lst), los·ing, los·es
v.tr.
1. To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys.
a. To be deprived of (something one has had): lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job.
b. To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: lost his wife.
c. To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients.
3. To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind.
4. To fail to win; fail in: lost the game; lost the court case.
5. To fail to use or take advantage of: Don't lose a chance to improve your position.
6. To fail to hear, see, or understand: We lost the plane in the fog. I lost her when she started speaking

loose (ls)
adj. loos·er, loos·est
1. Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
2. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
3. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
4. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
5. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
6. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
7. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
8. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club.
9. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
10. Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
11. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.

lose (lz)
v. lost (lôst, lst), los·ing, los·es
v.tr.
1. To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys.
a. To be deprived of (something one has had): lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job.
b. To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: lost his wife.
c. To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients.
3. To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind.
4. To fail to win; fail in: lost the game; lost the court case.
5. To fail to use or take advantage of: Don't lose a chance to improve your position.
6. To fail to hear, see, or understand: We lost the plane in the fog. I lost her when she started speaking

loose
verb
1. to set free or release, as from confinement, restraint, or obligation
2. to unfasten or untie
3. to make or become less strict, tight, firmly attached, compact, etc.
4. to let fly (a bullet, arrow, or other missile)

ive searched for about an hour and a half and finally found it. was looking everywhere from water to the wooded area in front of the water. (perfectly broken in roadrunner) finally after getting upset and about to call it quits i found the disc on its edge 99.9% sunk in the mud right before the water. (water level was down at that time so was very marshy) i was stoked and was well worth it cause 6 months later im still using that disc as one of my main throwers on shorter 225-275 foot holes.

You don't have to wait for him. Put a little effort into it and search for yourself and post links. At least he provides info when he bashes people for not searching.

it's WAY more fun when rube does it!! kinda like when you have that neighbor who's always partying all night and being loud and beligerant....then finally you call the cops on him and watch through your blinds as the pull up....:D

I threw my pearly orc up in a tree at Azalea in St. Pete. I threw my buzzz to knock it down and the oak swallowed it too. So I threw my putter. It got stuck. Then I threw my bag (my travel bag - weekender discraft) and it got stuck. I went to my truck and got out my tire iron. Threw it. It got stuck. So now I have a bag with 7 discs and three others up in the tree and a tire iron! I got out my kids booster seat and threw it but it never got stuck! So all I had left was to climb the tree. The branch I climbed over on was about 12 feet off the ground and about 6 inches thick. It was ridiculous. Scrapped up my arms but was able to knock down my putter, buzzz, tire iron and bag that were all stuck on that one branch. Orc was still up there. I gave a guy on the course my number and a guy with him was able to get it down. He called and I got it back today. They are just learning DG so I am going to get out there and teach them a few things. I also gave him a dx valk to help him get started in exchange for my orc. So glad that is all over.

I don't understand the people who spend a long time looking for a disc because it is so great. I guess you intended to throw it into the tree, water, 100' off course, etc.?.

Back when I didn't have a lot of discs or the money to spend on replacing them, I would spend 40/50 minutes. But now that I a) am more consistent with my throwing and b) have plenty of discs (including multiples of my go-tos) I've stopped looking for any longer than 5-10 minutes.

Almost every time I try to give up, someone in my group will say "nah, let's keep looking" and we'll find it.

I don't understand the people who spend a long time looking for a disc because it is so great. I guess you intended to throw it into the tree, water, 100' off course, etc.?.

LOL, not all of us get our plastic at wholesale prices Tom!;)

With that said, the longest I've ever spent looking for my own disc was half an hour looking for a pearly yellow Spider that was the first mid-range I ever bought. Now that that's gone I've just retired the other two discs that have sentimental value from when I learned to play and have bought new plastic to replace them. I've lost 2 discs in the last month and spent a total of 20 minutes looking for them. Maybe it's having mostly new plastic, or maybe it's a carry-over from my ball golf background, but I tend to thing that discs are made to be lost and I'm not going to let spending twenty bucks on a new disc diminish my enjoyment.

I never leave a man(disc) behind. 1 night my friend and I were playing a wooded course way too late and my disc ricocheted off a tree and we couldn't find it. We looked and looked until it was pitch black. When we finally admitted defeat we decided to sit down and drink a beer. I reflected on the disc and all our great times knowing I would never see it again(for whatever reason I had never inked it). We finish the beer and start walking back to the car. All of a sudden my friend lets out a cheer as he kicks my disc which was in the fairway. Ever since then, I won't give up and won't let friends give up. Only exception is water.

I've only lost a single disc, and been with people who have lost a few, and they were all into the water, and in cold nasty conditions that weren't conducive to having a dip. If it's on land, and there is light, I'm looking until I find it, unless it's a disc i don't really care for.

We have been through some pretty murky ponds down here in alligator land...Still lost a few though

I threw my pearly orc up in a tree at Azalea in St. Pete. I threw my buzzz to knock it down and the oak swallowed it too. So I threw my putter. It got stuck. Then I threw my bag (my travel bag - weekender discraft) and it got stuck. I went to my truck and got out my tire iron. Threw it. It got stuck. So now I have a bag with 7 discs and three others up in the tree and a tire iron! I got out my kids booster seat and threw it but it never got stuck! So all I had left was to climb the tree. The branch I climbed over on was about 12 feet off the ground and about 6 inches thick. It was ridiculous. Scrapped up my arms but was able to knock down my putter, buzzz, tire iron and bag that were all stuck on that one branch. Orc was still up there. I gave a guy on the course my number and a guy with him was able to get it down. He called and I got it back today. They are just learning DG so I am going to get out there and teach them a few things. I also gave him a dx valk to help him get started in exchange for my orc. So glad that is all over.

So, after witnessing your adventure these guys want lessons from you? :D

Latest posts