• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elbow Strengthening

Fritz

* Ace Member *
I need to strengthen my elbow. I injured it in a tournament about a year ago and it just hasn't fully healed.
I was wondering if anyone here had some good work outs and stretches to do to help strengthen my elbow so I can get my full power back.
I bought some of those rubberbands with the grips but wondered if there was a specific way to use them.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Heavy Deadlifts and Pullups/chinups. They both require great grip strength. Dips are also excellent for working the tricep/elbow. I would also say use exercises/stretches geared for carpel tunnel syndrome relief. The wrist is connected to the elbow which is connected to the shoulder which is connected to the upper back. You have to stretch out and strengthen the whole chain and both sides (non throwing arm) to get the full benefit.

Not knowing what is wrong and not having medical training i can only comment how a healthy person could exercise. On top of what was mentioned putting hands on sturdy chair arm rests squat low and push yourself up using the arm muscles. The bum needs to be in front of the chair to get down enough. I assume dips don't mean this but lowering the weights behind the back of the head with arms pointed up then bringing the weights up. But i'm just a busy foreigner not having time to chase after translation right now. That exercise is good but can also be done with the exercise band. Just pre tension the band enough by stepping onto the band in a proper place for appropriate tension and start bringing the arms straight up from being bent behind you.

I also had a problem with my elbow this february probably because it was so cold and I played 36+ holes three days in a row. SO being relatively new to the sport I went to the doctor right away so I didn't slowly injure myself over time and in a few years then I would not be able to throw any more....
Anyway, i just tried to explain it but after having written 5 lines I though "who the heck is supposed to understand this" :D
So I will just leave it to other websites to explain the way I stretch at the moment, and I just have to say it helped a lot. I do it twice a day plus everytime before (and after if it was longer than about 2 hours) I played...I think stretching is even more helpful than strenthening...but just my opinion, not the one of a medical :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/480441-anterior-capsule-shoulder-stretches/ Just the way that guy on the picture does it, 25-30 secs for stretching the tendons and 15-20 for loosening up before/after disc golf is what I do

ps: I know it's a shoulder stretch, but it takes a lot lot lot of force of your smaller muscled elbow, at least that's what my doctor said..

I went to physical therapy for my elbow a couple years back. These helped me. http://www.hughston.com/hha/a.seven.htm

Thanks for the links guys. This will be very helpful. I need to get back to full strength and get on the course again.
Bergdawg..nice lol

Latest posts