• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ergo 3

Most reviews I see so far just say it "doesn't seem like" it will tip over... Buy has anyone tried to put it on a relatively steep hill in the woods or on uneven ground yet? I just want to make sure this thing won't tip. Thanks.

To answer the stability question, this is by far the most stable of bag I've come across. On a hill it's rock solid at any angle I put it at.

The one criticism I have on this bag is the storage, the pockets on the sides are not nearly big enough, I'd like to see a zipper pocket in the front flap, couple on sides and a small one on bottom in the back for the rain fly. lose some vertical space and take the rain fly pocket and expand it for some decent storage. With these edits, best bag on the market, without, just another nice niche bag in flooding market.

It is built to last, lots of padding, big straps, sits high like a framed pack, great bottom. All in all I'll cary it because I'd say the pros outweigh the cons, but I'm not crazy about the lack of storage.

Ok, just got mine, box was WAY smaller than I was expecting which scared me a bit. Thoughts....
Really dig it! I went from a grip to a flak x, the flak x to this. Got everything I carried in my grip in the flak and everything it in to this. I dont pack for an expedition when I play disc golf so I dont need tons of space like it sounds like the biggest complaint is. I use the "rain fly" compartment to put my extra towels in and the rain fly. (Figured a little extra padding for the seat wouldn't hurt. And it doesn't make a huge difference but I can tell a little bit more comfort.) Got my simple medical kit/supplies, pencil sharpener, koozies, snake killer, etc. This bag feels POUNDS litter than my flak x did with the same stuff in it. It almost feels half as lite not only picking it up but on my back which I really like. The rain fly is interesting how it works but it looks like it will so I will update when I play.The carry handle is cool as well and accessible with the rain fly on. I had him put pencil holders on mine, thanks for the heads up that it didnt come with any! In the bottom "space" under the last vertical compartment I have room for a hoodie, rain gear, or extra "water" discs that I dont mind losing. The dimensions roughly are 23 tall 18 wide drinks included and side pockets have stuff in them, and 10 deep at the bottom with 4 putters in the putter pocket.

I shouldnt post things while driving lol. The medical kit and all of that stuff fit into the side pockets no problem. The bag feels lighter than the others. Ok. edits done, now call me a retard

It's a seat. It's not the most comfortable seat in the world by any means but I guess it works for in between holes.

Awesome video. When he mentioned the vinyl being like a ball golf bag, I immediately thought of this and part of me really wants to get the bag customized to look like it: (definitely not my best job with MS paint)
E3-3T_zpsw9fv0qep.jpg
No love for the caddyshack reference? I guess you should have yelled two!
I think I would like one of these but I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the discs in the bag stacked vertical like that. Though I guess you could just lay it down on the back of the bag so the discs were standing up, and not stacked..

You can go horizontal with the disc, fits 17 wide, 1P, 4M, 12 D, then 3 or 4 in the pp, and 8 vertically if you want to use the top two pockets.

Yea I get that, I was speaking more for when the bag is not in use. I tend to leave my bag in the trunk. I guess as long as the slots are made well so that the discs aren't all stacking the weight onto the bottom discs, it would be ok.

You're worried about the weight of two discs sitting on top of a third? Seriously?

I've owned an Ergo since they were released, and I haven't had a single issue with the setup. I also am a weekend warrior at this point so my bag sits in my den regularly.

Last edited:
No I am worried about all the discs sitting on top of the bottom one. I ve seen some janky looking disc holders in bags. In the video, the guy puts discs under the frame, and if it is not secured properly it would sag down on top of them.

Last edited:
I haven't had a problem with the slots in mine. They've gotten a little misshapen from use, but the unit hasn't sagged at all. The only problem I've had is with the bottom developing a hole (repair will be covered under warranty too), and he's obviously fixed that.

Did Noah's slots fail on his 2?

He puts his in horizontal, I think. I didn't mean to say that I have seen janky ergo frames but in some early bags in general. I haven't really gotten to sit down and fiddle with any of the backpack style bags. Most of my experience with them has been from watching people in tournaments. I do notice that noah has trouble with his bag standing, but the bottom on the new one seems to have solved that.

I'd offer to meet up somewhere and throw with you so you could check out mine, but I'm pretty booked this week and next.

Latest posts