• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eric's Throwing Videos - New Full Round Video

That's high altitude golf for ya. That particular course is at 7200'. Everything hyzers out.

I throw a lot of hyzer flips at this course because of how straight and narrow the fairways are, and because when I don't get them flipped, it generally leaves me in a better spot than if I turned it too much. But there were a couple holes where I just got the thing nose up or didn't get any snap on it, like 10 (the high anhyzer), 14 (tunnel fairway along the path), and 19 (ugliest shot I've ever made there.)

I've also noticed that I lack snap on cold days. That was the coldest morning we've had in months. Does anyone else have that problem? I'm not sure if it has to do with grip or atmospheric pressure or what.

emiller3 said:
That's high altitude golf for ya. That particular course is at 7200'. Everything hyzers out.

I throw a lot of hyzer flips at this course because of how straight and narrow the fairways are, and because when I don't get them flipped, it generally leaves me in a better spot than if I turned it too much. But there were a couple holes where I just got the thing nose up or didn't get any snap on it, like 10 (the high anhyzer), 14 (tunnel fairway along the path), and 19 (ugliest shot I've ever made there.)

I've also noticed that I lack snap on cold days. That was the coldest morning we've had in months. Does anyone else have that problem? I'm not sure if it has to do with grip or atmospheric pressure or what.

Muscles work worse when they are cold. Colder skin and the disc being colder mean less grip. Have you tried grip improving agents such as bees wax and moving the thumb closer to the center on cold and wet days?

lol thank goodness you cut out the half of the vid of my shots in the round ;-) I was way off that round if I recall. One thing I will menthion about emiller's drives is that when he hits it right (like he was learning to do when this post started), they look effortless like black udder was saying. Unfortunately, we didn't catch any on video, but when he has an on drive, I would swear he's going to barely put anything on it based on his walkup and the first half of his drive, but then the disc shoots out of his hand and it's a bomb (GPS measurements are around 400ish).