• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Ever hated a disc...and then you didn't?

I have a star Teebird that at first was OS for me, but its beaten to where it now feels like a star TL which I have.

Having 2 Dx TBs, 1 beaten 1 new, with my GL beaten River is what I used yesterday and loved it.

Going to drop on this thread again. Can't use the word hate but I definitely melt 'meh' about the Z Meteor I bought one a few years ago. I've been bagging Buzzz's for a long time & just thought it flew too similar to my worn ESP Buzzz. Revisited this disc a couple months ago & it's one of the best things that ever happened to my BH. It's been my go-to in the woods since I picked it back up. I never thought the Comet would be out of my bag but I've gotten so comfortable with Meteor that it's been replaced. Not sure if I want to try an ESP because the stability of the Z is so right. It's funny how OS my worn ESP Buzzz seems now since I've been using the Meteor so much.

I wonder if a sub-current of this thread could be discs I hated, until I cleaned up my form.

I had that experience with the Sword, UnLace, Underworld, and many neutral mids, like the Claymore. It was all on the archer there.

I wonder if a sub-current of this thread could be discs I hated, until I cleaned up my form.

I had that experience with the Sword, UnLace, Underworld, and many neutral mids, like the Claymore. It was all on the archer there.

Same with a sub modified of the current thread discs I have a love hate relationship with.

I have this with the Putt'r and not just me on here as the disc works fine for a few rounds of Disc Golf and when the disc gets just a tad broken in after 25-30 putts it gets a slight concave like a Yeti Aviar and looses all the glide a Putt'r had when new. This Concave problem is due to the Putt'r being made in Soft X plastic. I did not like the way the top to edge on the Pole Cat felt so it was not the disc for me and the Birde and Rattler type discs including the Upshot were too tall for putting so I had to get the Putt'r. I eventually found the Magnet mold for my putting putter.

IDK, I still hate the Sword, and I've thrown several of them. They're pretty inconsistent from disc to disc stability-wise. The 1st one I threw was perfect. Hyzer flip and it had some noticeable high speed turn and good glide. The few Swords I've thrown since have all been VERY flippy. Like, turn and burn type stuff.

For me the Sword is a slightly clunkier, slower, flippier Trespass. Even for understable drives I find it too flippy.

UnLace is in the same boat. I can't make that disc do anything useful. Its too flippy for its speed. The regular Lace, on the other hand, is a massive bomber.

I bought a 155 Crave to try when they first came out. I took it out and threw it side by side with my trusty Stalker. The Crave was more stable than I expected, and the lighter weight wasn't really getting me any more distance like I expected it would. Most times the Stalker was going 10-20' further. Not to mention, on uphill shots the thing just stalled out, where the Stalker flew perfectly straight. I just didn't like it.

I don't know what made me try it again, but I pulled it back out maybe 6 months later and made some grip adjustment to keep the nose down, and dang. The thing flies straight as an arrow and gets every bit of the distance I was getting with my Stalker. Now it's my go to driver.

I had a 2x Surge several years ago I couldn't stand. Recently found myself with two ESPs from a misprint box and appreciate them. Another would be the River.

I have an old pro D Stratus that is torn up and waffled. I hated the disc and never used it but kept it in my bag for some reason. One day in a practice round on my local corse which is all technical wooded holes under 300 ft I decided to try it out. And I am starting to love it for simply hyzer flips with no glide. I can just power it on full hyzer and it flips to flat and then just drops out of the air at about 250 - 300 ft. Not sure that I love this disc, but it is definitely useful for the courses I play on a lot. Also, I am currently hating the Buzzz, so we will see if that one changes in the future...

there were likely quite a few when i started... anything understable i would scoff at, until one day it occurred to me to change the release angle. i had bought a king because the (stamped on) numbers were like a destroyer and it did nothing but turn into a roller. it made my angry to pay $ for the lie of the stamped numbers, but i continued to carry it. so on this epiphany day i released it at the total opposite angle i had previously released all my (fh) throws at and wow, it flipped up from that angle and went straight. amazing. my first forehand hyzer flip; game changer.

Latest posts