• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Every time I go to Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's

Dicks is really hit or miss for discs. I don't go there often, but when I do I'll generally browse the store until I find the disc rack. Generally they'll have 40 or so discs on hand at any given time. Usually about 1/3 DX and 2/3 star, blizzard, and champion. Lots of Rocs, Beasts, Orcs, Daedaluses, Grooves, Katanas, a few Bosses and Thunderbirds. I've seen star Destroyers in there, but seldom. Blizzard discs have definitely started showing up more often at Dicks.

Prices are pretty standard. You won't find any great deals there. Always a healthy supply of dyed discs too.

Scheel's has a very legit disc selection. Their prices aren't very good though.

I was able to get a couple X Heats on clearance for like $5. And a Big Z Thrasher for $8.

So your local Meijer dropped them also?

I was in a Dunhams in Mansfield last week, they had a nice selection. The Dunhams in my area closed 3 years ago, so did the MC Sporting Goods.

It's a retail disc wasteland around here.

So your local Meijer dropped them also?

I was in a Dunhams in Mansfield last week, they had a nice selection. The Dunhams in my area closed 3 years ago, so did the MC Sporting Goods.

It's a retail disc wasteland around here.

Yeah, all our locals dropped them. Not a huge loss for me, they never carried any molds I throw. I picked up the Thrasher on a whim, not sure if I like it yet. The Heats are probably just temporary until I can cycle my Zs.

All we have retail-wise is Dick's and PIAS.

I browsed our local Dick's today. First opportunity in a couple years and they had a nice selection of Destroyers and Thunderbirds.

Gotta cater to their chucker jock bro fanbase

I hear you. I went to buy a jockstrap at Dicks, but all they had was xtra large.

So I bought two of them and sewed them together.

It's a little snug but manageable. :thmbup:

I hear you. I went to buy a jockstrap at Dicks, but all they had was xtra large.

So I bought two of them and sewed them together.

It's a little snug but manageable. :thmbup:

didnt know your disc bag needed that much protection, from your discs hitting trees and flying back at you. ;)

If you ask me, there needs to be a bigger selection of Discs suitable for first-time players, more understable, slower Discs that may not have as sexy of names to them. There should be a visible sign above that rack that says "For Your First Game" and a basic explanation why they will be more likely to go straight for somebody brand-new to the sport.

When I got into this sport (1989), the only place to get a Disc in my area was in the garage of the guy who joined the PDGA in 1977 and installed the first course nearby. He knew that a Stingray was the only thing I could throw that wouldn't meat hook right away.

Still addicted all these years later.

Glad he didn't hand me a Phenix or whatever the big long driver at the time was that only the top 1% of players could properly throw!