• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Executing The Dream

WHAT???? You'd deprive us of our entertainment, just like that?

I will say, however, that if your course isn't open to players who drive up unannounced, you should make it very clear in the course description. "BY APPOINTMENT OR RESERVATION ONLY", or something like that. Something only an idiot can miss. Then you should realize that some idiots will show up unannounced, anyway.

Good point. I have no address listed which I thought would accomplish this but your right.

Never said 27. We played 9 alone at dusk and a round w you in the morn. GL!

Your review of my course says you played it on June 22. My dog died in late July so why were you consoling me in June? Just one of several errors I caught. Now please kindly delete your bogus review or I will go make a "review" of your "course."

Good point. I have no address listed which I thought would accomplish this but your right.

My advice is from the perspective of a private course owner, in a remote location. Our course is by reservation only, and we generally require a guide the first time or two someone visits.

No matter how clear we make it, once or twice a year someone trespasses and plays anyway. I've thought about putting up a sign, like the one at Gran Canyon (an extinct private course in Florida), which said something like "If you don't have permission to play here, you're trespassing."

You should know that someone will find your course by ways other than this site. There are other course listings---PDGA.com, of course, but a bunch of others out there---and amazingly enough, people using them instead of DGCR.

Got the date I played it wrong. It happens. I'm not obsessed. Sorry bout your anguish. Going golfing. Thanks for letting us camp and have a great life!

Your review of my course says you played it on June 22. My dog died in late July so why were you consoling me in June? Just one of several errors I caught. Now please kindly delete your bogus review or I will go make a "review" of your "course."

I can't believe this child is still posting in your thread....WOW

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=5169&page=1&mode=rev#38280

That's the course that menacewarf and jake gave 3.5 star reviews to. They went around a park and put buckets on poles, wrote their reviews, and then took the buckets away so the course is "extinct." They are also the only two to review the course on this thread, so who know if it even exists.

31 vendetta posts later and you are still awesome. I've never met someone who's entire identity and self esteem is linked to ratings of their marginal disc golf course :|

Good lord this this guy must have a lead a really slow, sad life. His entire being is wrapped up in his online course reviews. Maybe he needs a new hobby like wood carving, or knitting.

Morgan is a LEGEND from the old pdga board days.

Yeah, I heard from this post (which I did not write, but think is appropriate):

Are all of you nooBs who have never heard of Morgan Wright?

Morgan is famous from the PDGA DISCussion Board in the early 2000s. Without ever picking up a disc golf disc, he declared that he was going to a) beat Scott Stokely's then-distance record of 693' b) beat Ken Climo's then-record of ten world championships and c) throw a disc golf disc 400'+ with a chicken-wing style delivery.

Morgan's boasts came from being a prolific lid-thrower - in his defense, he could huck an Ultimate disc a country mile. But I eventually played in a PDGA sanctioned event at Warwick with Morgan, and his disc golf disc prowess was possibly the most comical I've ever seen. His backhands alternated from early releases to wild griplocks, he couldn't putt to save his life, and his chicken-wing flew about 150 feet...downhill. As the Warwick and Albany locals got to know him over the next few years, it became obvious that this guy did not have both oars in the water. Meet him in person and start up a conversation and you can tell in about fifteen seconds that this guy is playing with far less than 52 cards in his deck.

While others (wisely) chose to ignore him, I became someone who publicly called him out on his outlandish claims and behavior, and received my fair share of profanity-laced e-mails and PMs. When Morgan was suspended from the PDGA DISCussion Board by the moderation team and then-Communications Director Steve Dodge for repeatedly posting a picture of naked people, I was blamed. The guy was such a nutjob that I feared running into him at tournaments.

When someone gets a PM and banning from a legitimate private course owner expressing dismay over a negative course review, then we have something to talk about. In the meantime, feel free to completely disregard the ravings of a lunatic. And finally, as someone who has also been banned for life from Hyzer Creek, (I am quite sure that I was the first to win this "accolade") I would like to say to the OP, welcome to the club!

31 vendetta posts later and you are still awesome. I've never met someone who's entire identity and self esteem is linked to ratings of their marginal disc golf course :|

Not much of an expert in vendettas, though. Really good vendettas don't rate their victims as "good". Nor is knocking a course rating down by 0.03 points a particularly effective vendetta. I wish all my foes were as gentle with me.

Exactly. And the rounded .5 is what shows in course search results.

But 4.0 isn't really bad anyway. Just hate to have it done by two vendetta reviews by 2 kids I threw off the course.

Now for the Jeff LaGrassa reply I am dying to write. I think Hammer might know the guy.

But 4.0 isn't really bad anyway. Just hate to have it done by two vendetta reviews by 2 kids I threw off the course.

Now for the Jeff LaGrassa reply I am dying to write. I think Hammer might know the guy.

If they truly were vendetta reviews they would have given a course lower than 3.5.

How can they be vendetta reviews that were written, as you claim, because you banned them? You said you banned them for the review. So which is it? You banned them for their review, or they wrote their reviews because you banned them?

They were never there and you never met them, but you threw them off?

Latest posts