• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Executing The Dream

I think the video came out pretty well though it is a bit long. I will do the final edits late tonight or in the morning and get it up soon.

North Side Narrows: Winter Nine (Part 1)

I'm Going to start a thread in the main forum for this video.

nice work bro. maybe i just have an eye for wizards, but what did throw the last shot of the first video? my guess, 175 S wizard, fathers day stamp perhaps... looks good, kind of a bummer you have to move 2. its a fun hole thats easy to over think but not always easy to execute.

how many holes have you put in up to date? seems about 30. its exhausting to have a constant pursuit of a champion caliper course. i admire your ability to take criticism and suggestions to make the course better, even if it feels like wasted effort sometimes, ie hole 2...
suggestions from the likes of david and others created some better playing fairways, as well as options for some mundane ones.( playing holes in reverse, hanging/ elevated baskets) thinking about what i think is 4 now playing up over the stone wall. when i played the org 18, 2 holes compiled the same space, of current hole 4, but in reverse. it looks more appealing now.
this has got me anxious to get up there. keep on truckin

Yea It can be a bit mind boggeling to play the "what hole has more value" game when shuffling everything around like a puzzle. I have been trying to minimize carving out fairways which I work on and don't use for golf but it is kind of inevitable. It's hard to see things long to sometimes, particulary when your vision for the goal might kind of change mid stream. The good news is any unused disc golf fairways will become x country ski trails.

For example....you bring up hole two. Only this winter have I realized one of my goals is to have tournaments here. When I put in hole two I did it real quick, it didnt require much cutting and my thought was, get up the hill as quick as possible. Well after I realized I was trying to make the place tourney ready i started taking a much closer look at my buffers for tee pads, greens, and fairways. This is one place that will need adjustment though the only real labor involved in the new hole 2 is I'm going to dig a hiking trail which will take me 10-20 hours (possibly soon between snow melt and bugs). Besides that I only have to cut two or three trees.

I think you will like the new spot. It enables 1 to slide up the creek, away from the finall hole (buffers). It is a slightly shorter steep pitch up by just a few feet but the gap is also slightly smaller. The basket can be placed in a viewable spot like in the video for a easier hole or moved left 40 feet to make it a trickier hyzer.

BTW not necessarily going for a championship leval coure. I would like a tourney ready one but to me it's much more important that it be well designed, ballenced, feedback driven, geared for a certain skill level (hopefully in two seperate segments like I mentioned), while ballenicng fun across the skil levels as appropriately as possible. Other goals are to stay in harmony with the immediate environment. IE....don't encroach on the neighbors, selective wood lot management, different functionalities through different seasons...ect.

Last edited:
open?

This looks exciting. Is this course open to the public and if so is the snow melted enough to be playable? I'm checking out courses waiting for Killington and Sugarbush to melt.

JK. Love that video and I have some musical connections to the squirrel nut zippers. Love those guys.

Not open to the public yet but open to disc golfers vetted by being part of a/the disc community. Would love to play some golf and show you the property if you are ever in the area.

vetted

I have to be vetted? You mean like a horse?

I checked out the course by GPS a month ago, saw the pole holes, but thought I would check with you before playing it. I'll just wait for the first tourney.

Thanks, good luck with this project.

I have to be vetted? You mean like a horse?

I checked out the course by GPS a month ago, saw the pole holes, but thought I would check with you before playing it. I'll just wait for the first tourney.

Thanks, good luck with this project.

Well I just meant at this point I need to make sure people are established disc golfers or have friends in the community because I havent take out an insurance policy yet for recreation.

So wait? You checked out the course? I didnt see any tracks in the snow. If you only saw pole holes and not my home then you must have had a long bushwhack.

This response is a bit unnerving so I hope you can elaborate. I have not posted an address yet so this also means you have done internet sluething instead of communicating with me. Also unsettling. I guess it's time to spend all the time and money to post no trespassing signs.

Thanks for the well wishes I guess :\

As I went tossing, I saw a sign there
And on that sign there, it said No Trespassing
And on the Tee sign, it didn't say nothing
This course was made for you and me

This course on your land, this course on my land
From the grassy valley, to the awesome high land
From the regrowth forest, to the creek stream waters
This course was made for you and me

I guess there is more to building a disc golf course than going online and saying you built one. You run the risk of people in real life trying to play it.

Just like there is more to *reviewing* a disc golf course than going online and pretending you have played it.

I guess there is more to building a disc golf course than going online and saying you built one. You run the risk of people in real life trying to play it.

Just like there is more to *reviewing* a disc golf course than going online and pretending you have played it.

Geez, you need to start taking your meds Morgan. You have serious obsessive compulsive issues. I thought you were going to remove your course from this website; kinda like a child that takes his toys when he doesn't get his way. Was that just a hollow threat?

If you list a course on a site then you should expect people to play it. Especially one like yours that says it's always open to the public except when there's deep snow.

I agree with you mndiscg, except you are addressing your comment to the wrong person. My course is open to the public and has been for 12 years, and there have been 17 tournaments here since 2003, most of them PDGA sanctioned. Thousands of people play here every year and all are welcome, without asking me for permission or being "vetted" whatever that means. Everybody loves it. It has been listed on this web site as being one of the 50 best courses in the world several times. Top pros love it, many have played here, and the 2010 world champion Eric McCabe played here in April and liked it.

Menacewarf is the one who lists a course on this site, the existence of which is questionable, and hypes it as an 18 hole course, but doesn't want anybody to play there, or even trespass on his property. It has 10 practice baskets and 8 tone poles (buckets on poles). There are no tee pads, no score cards, no course maps, no web site, and the fairways aren't all cleared, but he rated his course 3 stars, the same as he gave my world class course. He has never been to my course yet gave it a negative review for spite because he and his friend are 2 of the only 3 people ever to be banned from playing here. He worded his review to sound as if he's played here, but only to people who aren't familiar with the course. People who know my course and read his review can tell from his description that he's never been here.

Morgan this is the last time I will respond to you. You played a round with my GF and me at your course. We talked about all kinds of stuff like the outhouse you just tried to build. We offered sympathy for your dog. We talked about how you had health problems in the past. You explained how you used a dozer to clear the big downhill hole. My GF and I played 9 holes at night and 18 with you the next day. You were amazed at how far I drove hole 14 with a midrange. We looked at small plants in the middle of the fairway on hole 15.

My ratings are mine to decide. This is a review site. You can't intimidate people into changing their opinions. I think you need a new hobby because to be this obsessed over what might amount to a hundredth of a point in an average does not seem healthy. I hope you can find some peace.

Morgan this is the last time I will respond to you.

WHAT???? You'd deprive us of our entertainment, just like that?

I will say, however, that if your course isn't open to players who drive up unannounced, you should make it very clear in the course description. "BY APPOINTMENT OR RESERVATION ONLY", or something like that. Something only an idiot can miss. Then you should realize that some idiots will show up unannounced, anyway.

Course rating before you and Jake was 4.29, which rounds up to 4.5. After you and Jake 4.22, which rounds down to 4.0. So a 4.5 course is now a 4.0 course because of your spite reviews. So the few hundredths of a point you describe are actually .5 points.

I never met you. The events you describe as "proof" are generic enough to invent, and the personal information you mention about me can be found on various chat lines. The bit about the bulldozer on 12, my dog, etc. are actually in videos I have on youtube under the login hyzercreek which anybody can google. Nice try. I played 27 holes with you and your girlfriend over a 2 day period? Never happened.

Latest posts