• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

i have yet to see a f7 with the same flashing problems as the f1,f2 & f3. every f7 i've seen and fondled was nice and smooth. don't know what to tell ya

The one I have does have some flashing but nowhere near as much as my F3 had. I don't feel like it will tear up my hands like the F3 for sure.

i have yet to see a f7 with the same flashing problems as the f1,f2 & f3. every f7 i've seen and fondled was nice and smooth. don't know what to tell ya

I concur. I received a F2-F3, and F7 in the mail yesterday and the F7 was the only one flashing free. The flashing on the F2 was enormous. I don't agree with the sentiment that it flew like "poop" though, quite the contrary... I loved it, feels great in the hand, leaving the hand and flying through the air. First throw it hit the pole on a frozen rope from 280'. I decided I'd be carrying it in my bag from now on right then and there.

Haha yeaaa. That may have been a bit harsh. I was just disappointed because I really wanted to like it. Felt great in my hand and the plastic is awesome. But it just didn't have the glide or turn that the VIP underworld and GL river had when I tried them all out. Maybe it's because I am a low powered player but the fade seemed to pull it out of the turn sooner and it was about 15-20ft shorter. It's probably a better disc for someone with more power.

Haha yeaaa. That may have been a bit harsh. I was just disappointed because I really wanted to like it. Felt great in my hand and the plastic is awesome. But it just didn't have the glide or turn that the VIP underworld and GL river had when I tried them all out. Maybe it's because I am a low powered player but the fade seemed to pull it out of the turn sooner and it was about 15-20ft shorter. It's probably a better disc for someone with more power.

nope the f7 is a more stable river or seasoned leopard out of the box. it is no where near underworld under stable. the river has more glide so i would say your findings are about right. it is not an under stable driver. its neutral if anything.

Ahhh. Inbounds had it the same as an underworld so I guess my expectations were wrong. I lost my super beat SE TL and I'm trying to find a replacement US fairway.

I don't know if there is a flippier disc than the Underworld. It's a fantastic turnover disc right off the shelf/out of the box or what have you. Great disc. I'm going to give the F7 its' time at bat though. Try a one manufacturers' bag for once. I like the cut of Prodigy's jib.

Just got an F3 today. Haven't removed the flash and I love the flight. Has more turn than a rival but more fade than my patriot. Fits beautifully in between. My fairway game just got even better!

Well, I originally was using a GL river. I liked it a lot but ended up losing it. I ended getting a very beat SE TL that was awesome. It was understable but very easy to control the turn with different angles. Now that I have lost that I have been trying to find a disc that has the same control and that's been tough. I like the diamond but it was very flippy and tracked right too much. Same with a 168 TP underworld. The other rivers I have left can produce the same results but they seem very touchy. If the angle is slightly off they will either hold a hyzer and won't flip or if I don't put enough angle then they sail off to the right and don't come back. I just picked up the F7 and VIP underworld (both at 170g) to see if they will work. So far the F7 is too stable for that slot and the VIP underworld seems pretty close but with more fade. I'm hoping the fade will beat out of it in some time.

1148967_10151803740666649_174022555_n.jpg

Just got an F3 today. Haven't removed the flash and I love the flight. Has more turn than a rival but more fade than my patriot. Fits beautifully in between. My fairway game just got even better!

Hmm I think ill just stick with my teebird if thats the case.

I grabbed the pic from wills FB, he said they are coming out soon.

Alright. I haven't handled a 300 series disc yet. Comparable to pro? Anyone know?

Ive heard its more like a base plastic in terms of wear. I wouldnt mind trying a 300s M3 though.

I got two F3s (both purple 173s, one x-out one proto) that had very minimal flashing and fly like an Eagle-X. I have a turquoise F1 that has a buttload of flashing but still is less beefy than a Firebird. Guess that's why they are "protos" and not production runs.