• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Facebook group to broadcast LIVE.

No offense, but I won't watch any DG coverage someone recorded on their phone. Alot of what I have seen has been un-watchable.

Great...even more mindless phone focused folk. Now wandering around in the woods. Sorry, no offense, I would rather see people go outside and focus on nature and maybe some players flinging plastic.

It wasn't any good when Avery Jenkins did it from right next to the players. Why would it be any better from the gallery?

It'll all be shot vertically, right? This whole horizontal mode stuff pretty much every professional with a camera uses to show sports is getting kind of stale.

Can't wait to watch some hot fourth card MA2 action from a C-tier five states away.

Last edited:
It'll all be shot vertically, right? This whole horizontal mode stuff pretty much every professional with a camera uses to show sports is getting kind of stale.

Can't wait to watch some hot fourth card MA2 action from a C-tier five states away.

Agreed. I would expect the resulting product to be shaky and all over the place, with some guy/girl next to him/her talking about their girlfriend/boyfriend or some such inane thing. And, I would expect this videographer to spend about three and a half minutes total in editing it.

There is something to be said for knowing ahead of time that a product will be good.

The footage doesn't have to be shot from a phone to go live on Facebook. When I was at worlds, our group (me, Greenwell, Voakes, and Sias) was filmed with a nice video camera and the whole round was streamed live. It's been 7 months and I haven't watched it yet, but my friends said it was very well done.

If someone's going to be out there filming a group (w/phone or camera), why waste the cell data to stream it live? Record it, edit it down and upload in better video quality.

I'm a big proponent of live coverage, but we've reached a point where shaky single camera, no cut feeds are a step backward. Wasn't a fan of DGWT doing it. Not big on the PDGA doing it, either. And in both of those cases, they had special gimbal set ups that kept the phone steady and balanced. Are these people in the group going to invest in that equipment?

The footage doesn't have to be shot from a phone to go live on Facebook. When I was at worlds, our group (me, Greenwell, Voakes, and Sias) was filmed with a nice video camera and the whole round was streamed live. It's been 7 months and I haven't watched it yet, but my friends said it was very well done.

It was done by a group called the Hucker Report. They were friendly and fun to work with. They did pre-round interviews with all of us...and it was "live"! My friends dug it and they were also able to send messages during the broadcast. It was a happening, spontaneous, fun thing for me and most all of the viewers. It didn't need to be edited. Some day soon I hope to watch it.

Great. More phone zombies to bump into.:\
zombie-with-phone-2-832x470-832x333.jpg

Great...even more mindless phone focused folk. Now wandering around in the woods. Sorry, no offense, I would rather see people go outside and focus on nature and maybe some players flinging plastic.

Hey dude, you're in the middle of the fairway!

Yeah, but I'm filming.

While the general quality of phone filming is bad, if I really want to know what's going on, I will watch it.

Why do I feel like I've just admitted to an addiction so bad that I'll do anything to get my fix?