• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Faction: Craft Disc Revolution

Hey Jamie, how long before a Tyrant refresh? I need could use some backups. Also any news on the Tyrant in different plastic blends?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just stamped some up this week!

Ozone is prototyping the translucent blend so once that is approved, the Tyrant will hit the line.

Likely spring for that release

Raptor and ptero are based on molds from daredevil. Tyrant is an original mold with molding help from ozone I believe

Raptor and ptero are based on molds from daredevil. Tyrant is an original mold with molding help from ozone I believe

Correct.

The Tyrant was brought to life by our friends at Ozone Discs.

Thd Raptor is approved as the Velociraptor. It produced by Daredevil using their overstable driver mold.

Can you describe the translucent blend? Not familiar with it at all

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We haven't even felt it yet.
But the goal is an Opto/Champion type feel.
Firm yet not hard. Grippy and tough as nails is what we are gunning for.

I also will require that it doesn't pop the top on the Tyrant. I want every run of that mold to be a flat top work horse.

As a rule I consider anything Gateway has touched garbage, so I'm thrilled to find out not all of the RDG discs are produced through them.

Are you going to run the Ptero, Tyrant or Velociraptor in champy type plastic at 165-169 weights?

As a rule I consider anything Gateway has touched garbage, so I'm thrilled to find out not all of the RDG discs are produced through them.

Are you going to run the Ptero, Tyrant or Velociraptor in champy type plastic at 165-169 weights?

The Scale and Serpent are far from garbage.
Many folks on DGCR consider Fossil plastic to be one of the best baseline blends to ever be produced.

Lower weights are difficult to achieve for a tiny brand like us just because our run quantities are very small compared to the larger brands.
I wouldn't rule them out but they're farther out than I'd hope in terms of completion.

Any idea on when the Stego might be back in stock? A buddy threw mine yesterday, and after he picked his jaw off the ground he immediately began thinking of uses for it. I wanted to get him one and pick up a backup, but in the last few days they've sold out on the Faction site.

Any idea on when the Stego might be back in stock? A buddy threw mine yesterday, and after he picked his jaw off the ground he immediately began thinking of uses for it. I wanted to get him one and pick up a backup, but in the last few days they've sold out on the Faction site.

Soon. We are close to finalizing a stamp for them!

Gotta get those bad boys ready for Spring DG hilarity

I'm still trying to find anyone besides my niece'a boyfriend who has a positive attitude about the Stego. Everyone around here throws it once, gets all poopy faced and says something akin to "this disc is stupid" and stomps off in a huff. I dont know why people here take disc golf so seriously.

I will say that my last 3 tournaments have been my best ever and those 3 tournaments I also used the Stego more than once...coincidence?

Yeah,probably.

Seriously though, I was able to sell people on Scales, Serps and Raptors no problem..I dunno why Colorado has such a grudge against the Stego. FWIW I've been throwing the same creamy mustard yellow Stego since the day it came out with no change in flight path.

Haters gonna hate Andy lol.

Too bad for them as it's one disc in my bag that won't ever leave. I love throwing those short 100 ft. Upshots with them when the wind kicks up. You know it won't be affected and will end up sitting down quick.

Is there any plans for any of the Faction brands to come out with a small lid (Polecat-ish) or a more glidey putter?