• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Tourney Bag

meatbones132

Par Member
My camo one should be arriving within the next few days. I'm prob going to get some military straps at the local Army Navy store...

Just kind of curious how the bag fas fared for everyone? I've only seen them around a couple times but they look like good bags. Anyone own one and how many discs can you hold with it? Anything I need to watch out for w/ quick wearing down?

Had one for a couple months now.

Carry: 4 150c, 7 drivers, 6 mid/putters and they still flop around in there...could wedge 3-4 more and I don't even use the putter pocket...no favortism here.

I have had mine for about a month now, I love it. Mine holds 22-24(more if I wanted to cram them in) and a bunch of other storage space. Overall I am very satisfied with it.

I too dislike the velcro divider system.

For me the divider and the frame being velcroed to the side are the weak points definitely. Everything else is great.

Yea, i have v style straps off of my ball golf bag, bad call. I usualy carry around 3 putters 4-5 mids and a dozen fairway/distance drivers. Great bag, I like the divider system. lots of storage i can usual get a whole six pack(pepsi of course) in this thing and all my other crap. Very durable. 4.5 of 5

i love mine. i don't have any problems with my dividers. i have my bag almost set, so i don't really take out or put in many discs. it works great for me. and yeah, gotta have H straps. Phenix does have camo straps on their website. they will definitely be more comfortable than army surplus, and look way cooler:cool:

dividers work well for me...but my black hole seems to hold its shape better than the garden deli one i had...i carry 19 in the main part and two in the front pocket...could easily fit a few more in there...innova straps work great with it...

My camo one should be arriving within the next few days. I'm prob going to get some military straps at the local Army Navy store...

Just kind of curious how the bag fas fared for everyone? I've only seen them around a couple times but they look like good bags. Anyone own one and how many discs can you hold with it? Anything I need to watch out for w/ quick wearing down?

http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Scroll to the bottom check out the camo straps Phenix quads are the best!

Awesome, thanks for all the input fellas. I keep checking my email to see when this focker is going to ship my bag even though the payment cleared just yesterday hahaha... Hurry up!!!!!

So I got my bag and I like it a lot aside from one thing...

The dividers are so effing weak it doesn't support my bag to stay open. Anyone else had this problem and found a solution? I am thinking of trying to buy some thicker sheets or plastic, cutting to the same form, and just stapling them onto the dividers it came with for extra support.

So I got my bag and I like it a lot aside from one thing...

The dividers are so effing weak it doesn't support my bag to stay open. Anyone else had this problem and found a solution? I am thinking of trying to buy some thicker sheets or plastic, cutting to the same form, and just stapling them onto the dividers it came with for extra support.

Tell me you ordered the camo Phenix straps....

i didn't run into that problem. it seems like the part that you velcro to the sides seems to keep mine open pretty well. i did have a problem figuring out the right way to put it in though

I've never had a problem with the velcro dividers. By not staying open you mean it collapses? do you have it in right? The big sheet is basically a B U in your bag and by just that my bag stays open. Maybe I'll get mine and take a pic of it.

This is my bag and how it goes together. If you want something more sturdy then I say either get more discs or get some sort of frame :D

In this first one you can see it starting to collapse under the putters while completely empty
30k65ib.jpg

Add the velc sheet in a U shape and it's will stay open just like that now
23hp1ly.jpg

Here's with only my mids and putters in the bag, and 1 divider. No collapsing
o5x7ae.jpg

got 2 more pics but I can't add them in this post

Added my drivers and another divider
qrjdz4.jpg

Now I put a towel inbetween. We've had a lot of wet days lately and it comes in handy. Could put snacks in there, extra water. a baseball. anything.
2gweuko.jpg

yeah I had put it together right...

I have 3 overstable drivers - divider - 6 understable drivers - divider - 2 mids and 2 putters. then one putter in the main putter pocket. The bag is only falling in a little bit. I am just paranoid about there being too much pressure on my discs and them getting warped. Also, the bag was folded up in the box it came in and I just got it today so it may just need a little time to form itself outside the box.

I am still debating getting harder plastic to staple onto the dividers or just adding some pvc piping or small metal rods and connecting them to the other bars that are there for support on the main U thing.

And I didn't get the phenic straps I went to a military surplus store in the area and got some military straps. Really padded and seem durable. Dark green so they doa decent job matching the camo. All in all I am definitely happy with the purchase.

Latest posts