• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Tourney vs. Gorilla Boy Kong

I bought the Fade Tournament bag with harness due to the bang-for-the-buck ratio. That combo costs less than the Revolution Tournament bag or Latitude 64 Pro bag without the harness.

I like the Latitude 64 Pro design a lot, but as a casual player, the Fade bag will last me a long time and it meets all of my needs and then some.

The Fade roll-cage is a thick plastic sheet rolled into a half tube attached to the bag by Velcro. With the 18-20 discs in it, it is rigid and the tube design does not let the discs fall out, due to a narrowing at the top of the bag. This design has it's pros and cons.

I've had a Gorilla Boy Chimp and Gorilla Boy Gorilla. I love(d) both of them. There has been no wear and tear from the year plus that I've played with them. I didn't elect to go with the Kong or Silverback because I don't need all the extra cargo room. But, any other bag that I buy will certainly be Gorilla Boy.

By the way- my friend has a Revo carolina. it is very nice, but he doesn't even use his roll cage- he just packs it full of discs. I would pick mine over his any day of the week. Plus, you'd be supporting small business by choosing Gorilla Boy.

Praise for GB

I just traded up from an Innova Deluxe bag to the Gorilla Boy Silverback.

Here are my thoughts on the GB bag.

First off the quality of the construction and materials used is first rate.

As far as the frame I can't speak for the long term durability but I can say that I improved my frame in a few ways.
-First, I got new 1/2 pvc and cut longer rails for the bottom (1 inch longer). This adds the ability to hold 2 more discs in the main compartment.
- Then I trimmed down the screw part of the end caps that stick thru the plastic cb end walls and siliconed them in.

Imo this greatly improves the function because there is no more lost space from the part of the screw cap that stuck out thru the cb and there is no risk of the end wearing thru the bag over time. If the frame ever needs to be replaced I could do it for $5 at the HD and about 15 min of my time.

There is a third storage pocket behind the putter pocket that no one seems to mention. That pocket will hold 3-4 discs or a jacket if need be.

The placement of the water bottle holders is imo superior to the Revo because the bag is more compact and well balanced.

The rain fly is a great feature and if you really want to you can stash an extra disc in that pocket as well.

The umbrella/seat straps are a great feature that I have not seen on many other bags.

I for one pick up bits of trash that I see as I play and I find the extra mesh pockets on the side of the storage pockets are great for stashing things like trash or other small things that you want to have easy access to.

Last, as a small business owner I like to support small business and i have no reason to be unhappy with Gorilla Boy products or the great service that I have received.
:clap:

I went from a Fade Tourney to a GB Kong last year. I had no problems with the Fade except the color. I only went to the GB for the extra storage. I now have a Simian too which has been my favorite bag so far! Also, big price difference between the Fade and GB if that matters.

In the end, you'll be forever happy if you go with one of the nicer bags. Fade bags work great, especially for the price, but you may find yourself craving one of the others after a while.

Well looks like I need to do some more research, maybe get some hands on time in a store with these bags. They all seem to have their pros and cons. I guess just personal preference.

Can you make it out to Creekside Tags on Saturday? I'll have a GB Chimp you can check out, I am sure there will be a revo there, and while I can not say for sure, there is a decent chance that one of the Fade owners will be there.

The Chimp is a different bag, but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Can you make it out to Creekside Tags on Saturday? I'll have a GB Chimp you can check out, I am sure there will be a revo there, and while I can not say for sure, there is a decent chance that one of the Fade owners will be there.

The Chimp is a different bag, but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

No, not this weekend. I'm going trout fishing this weekend. It's opening weekend. I should be able to start playing tags soon though, I'm transferring to first shift at my job next week.

No, not this weekend. I'm going trout fishing this weekend. It's opening weekend. I should be able to start playing tags soon though, I'm transferring to first shift at my job next week.

If you know ahead of time what dy you will be out, let me know and I will make sure that there is a GB, Revo, and Fade bag present for you to check out. They may not be the exact ones you are looking for, but they will be close enough to give you a good idea.

If you know ahead of time what dy you will be out, let me know and I will make sure that there is a GB, Revo, and Fade bag present for you to check out. They may not be the exact ones you are looking for, but they will be close enough to give you a good idea.

That would be great. Thanks. I'll let you know.

Well looks like I need to do some more research, maybe get some hands on time in a store with these bags. They all seem to have their pros and cons. I guess just personal preference.

Git over to Allentown area and their disc golf tourneys to see the vast array of Gorilla Boy bags and Revolution Bags and make a decision.

It helps to see them TD's out there repping the Gorilla Nation.

Except if you're really comparing disc stuffing you can fit 3 in the pocket behind the putters and two behind main compartment. But who does that anyways? BTW don't challenge Ziggy to stuff bags, you don't wanna know how many he can fit in a Simian ;)

Heh, I had to find this for ****s n giggles..

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=869&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1815

Scroll down to "So someone dared me to put 40 discs in the Simian"

by ziggy on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Now that there is pure awesomeness.

I'm looking in to getting a new, bigger bag. These are the 2 I'm looking at now. What do you guys think of these bags, or is there another bag that's even better than these. Whatever bag I get, i'm getting quad shocks to go with it.

What kind of bag do you have now?

this cannot be emphasized enough when talking about DG bags.

Word. (Whatever that means.)

I tell people to figure out how much you want to spend and how many discs you want to carry.
Then figure out what bag you want based on those two criteria.
You can't do any better than Fade Tourney for the money, but double that $$ and you get a better bag.
It's really pretty simple.
If you've got the $$, get the best bag you can afford.

Latest posts