• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FADE WeatherGuard straps

Fade is known for having products with great value.

Are fade bags as good as revolution? not even close, but are a much cheaper alternative, and a great value for the price.

the fade brand name will lead people to believe "these aren't better than what is currently considered the best, the quad shocks". If they are better, than great, but if that is the case, they wouldn't need to be cheaper.

Furthermore, having a "fashionable fanny pack just in case it rains and I don't have my umbrella so i must get a new pair of most likely less comfortable straps for $40" seems like a pretty specific targeted group of consumers.

I just got some in to sell at the shop. (And a set for myself) They look cool so far. The rainfly velcro's in and out inside its storage pocket. From the description I thought the whole thing came off and on, but that's ok, it just gives you one more pocket to carry stuff when you don't have the fly in there. I'm about to go test them out.

Has anyone actually tried these out yet? I'm buying straps and am trying to decide between the sure thing - Quad Shocks and the new thing - these Fade straps. I'm leaning toward the Quads, but am willing to go with these if they are good.

Has anyone actually tried these out yet? I'm buying straps and am trying to decide between the sure thing - Quad Shocks and the new thing - these Fade straps. I'm leaning toward the Quads, but am willing to go with these if they are good.

I'm curious myself...but I love my quads to death...so I haven't bothered trying.

\/\/

I've been using them for about a week or so ( four rounds, I think), but so far, so good. They have shock straps, like the Phenix, and I noticed that difference compared to my previous Innova Backsavers. It puts a little less stress on the back. My only complaint is that the straps slide a little, and the bags hangs a little lower over time. Maybe they just need to be broken in.

I haven't used the rainfly yet, but maybe I should have. This past Sunday, there was a bit of snow on the ground, and the bottom of my bag got a bit wet. It would have been good to test out how well the fly kept the bottom of the bag dry (it's designed to cover that too), as well as how it was to use it during a round.

it would be nice if they sold the poncho option seperate. maybe $10-15 and have it hook on your straps. i'm sure it would be pretty easy to make and have fit for phenix, innova, fade straps

This what I was thinking, but maybe in addition to their straps. Since a lot of people already have straps, they could still rake in new business while launching their straps.

FADE WeatherGuard Quads

Looking for an owner review of the FADE WeatherGuard Quads.

Anyone used 'em for a while?
How do they compare to Phenix QuadShocks?
How well does the rain cover work, and is it more of a hassle than useful?

Thanks.

I've been using them for a month or two. They work great for me. I can't compare them to the Phenix Quads, as I've never used those. The rain cover works well so far, but I haven't used it in a downpour. It's nice though when there's snow on the ground, or when the ground's really wet, not a hassle at all. I think it would keep your bag dry even if you sat it in a puddle. One thing is you can't easily get discs in and out of your bag while it's still on your back, but it's easy enough to access your bag once you take it off your back.

I do like them better than Innova's Backsavers. They have shock absorbers that Innova's don't.