• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Fav Forehand/sidearm drivers???!?

BuzzBait

Im just curious on everyones fav side arm driver and why. Mines the destroyer by far. I get a nice straight and long line drive from it and 9/10 times it falls exactly where i want it.

Leme know your favs!!

Seems to be a real glut of forehand threads lately. Anyway, I don't have a big arm so I'm a little lower on the speed scale.

My current favorites are a Star Orc, Pro Starfire "L" and lately I've been really liking my new C-CD2

Im having a bit of a battle for my favorite currently. It is between the Opto Spark and the Champion Teebird3. I can get great distance out of the teebird3, but I can place the spark better. Currently I can use either for a variety of shots so it is tough to pick one favorite. The spark is very flat though, so it feels very good to forehand.

Champion Firebird is my favorite. Not my farthest-flying disc for FH shots by any means, but so predictable in essentially any conditions.

XXX is about the only disc I can FH well aside from mids and putters. I've had limited success with understable drivers like the Inertia.

99% of my teeshot forehands are Star Firebirds and XCalibers (shots I want fade finish on every single time). My favorite is a 3 year old FAF Star Firebird that shows a bit of turn but always will finish with fade. My tricky upshot kind of forehands are with Buzzz, Patriots and Teebirds.

Crave and Wrath. Crave for straighter control drives and Wrath for long range.

Also dig Photons for max D flicks, but don't need to throw them too often.

My favorite FH, however, and the one that saves me the most strokes is the straddle Med Pure anhyzer out of trouble. Softer Med plastic sticks but stiff enough to handle the torque.

This is kind of intresting to see how everyone is really going into differnt directions with the brand and style they like. I was def expecting to see alot of repeats but thats not the case at all

All Prodigy bag, so, M2 and F5/7.

Trying to take Big Jerm's advice and throw understable. This has GREATLY improved my RHFH ability. I always compensated for my bad form FH by using very OS discs. However, after following this advice and throwing neutral to US discs, I can place a FH shot JUST where I need it without having to overthrow an OS disc. Huge plus!

Cheers.

Max at about 350' on a straight to hyzer. Anny Cannon a little longer. Midwest air sucks. FBs a solid 300' on a slight flex. My Xcal is pfn and has had a little use. Like it for pure fhs and throw my newer VIP Giant for more flex shots and love seeing the hyzer lift glide this thing gets.

The Giant. It flys so straight with a full power shot. I carry a new Elasto which is crazy OS and used for utility/high winds only. A nice seasoned VIP that is straight to overstable and a seasoned TP that is really straight, but will hold an anny if I force it and is a great forehand roller. I can get these fairly consistently to 400. For control shots it is the Firebird and MD3, and I love the pure on approaches.

Latest posts