• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Basket Type

Favorite Basket Type

• DGA

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Innova

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
What type of baskets do you like the most? If you choose other post which kind.

I really like the colored bands on the Innova baskets, especially in wooded courses where the basket can be hard to see otherwise.

I was most impressed by Gateway Titans but I will say I find Innovas to be probably the best built.

Well I botched this poll in my haste. Misspelling and I forgot to add Discraft... Oh well enjoy!

if they have inner and outer chains they are ok in my book and probably all work the same.

I do like the yellow band innova uses because it's practical and helps one locate baskets. That's the only reason i know they are innova. Other than that i dont really check out baskets.

if they have inner and outer chains they are ok in my book and probably all work the same.

Except Mach III's they have a smaller spread, and on the outsides the outer chains are very loose and tend to flip discs out instead of in. The Mach V's catch a whole lot better. I like the chainstar the best when I'm putting, but as stated before, I second the Discatcher for visibility from the Teebox.

who makes the machs'?

and i dont really care for the band around the top, yeah its great when looking for a basket, but that huge band just screws me up when im trying to put, seems like i hit it more than the chains sometimes

who makes the machs'?

and i dont really care for the band around the top, yeah its great when looking for a basket, but that huge band just screws me up when im trying to put, seems like i hit it more than the chains sometimes

DGA makes them

One thing I like about Mach 3s.

Last weekend I hit where the band would be on an Innova which is a guaranteed flop to the ground and the disc actually went in...can't beat that!!

I have never had a problem with how the 3s catch but I guess that is because I never make long putts anyways.

The Mach V's are exactly like the chainstars and have a wider spread, but the chains tend to "grab" better. I can't really complain, It's usually my fault the putt doesn't stick, but I feel like I have lost too many good putts to the 3's vs. the V's

I like the Innovas on a new course (especially wooded) for the yellow band, but I've always liked Mach Vs the best. For some reason the plate on the IIIs make me not like the look as much, though in a well manicured course is does look classy if they're not trashed. Its not like it matters though. I'll play on any course with chains.

Discatchers baby! Thats why I have 6 of them

Love it for its seeablilty Hate it for the band. But most likely on the Mach series if you hit the same spot you are probably not making it in anyway.

The wedding band, not only does it get you on the course but at home too

Not sure what they are called, but there is/was a line of baskets created in Boulder CO that are pretty cool - "octopus" was the only model name i can remember. They have a UFO-like appearance and just look sweet. I saw a couple at the Ghost Town Course in Russell Gulch.

Also, not sure what kind Beaver Ranch has, but they are SICK. The upper ring is angled so discs deflect down into the basket, unlike those devilish yellow Innova rings, which can only frustrate.

Anyone heard of these?

Latest posts