• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

favorite brand

pick ur favs

• Discraft

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • DGA

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Gateway

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Innova

Votes: 80 62.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Snap

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Lightning

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Ching

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Discwing

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I have a Hybrid Evo from Gateway if anyone is interested. I threw it today and it is almost identical to my striker so no need in carrying both.

That makes it an overstable long fairway driver if you aren't keeping track.

HAHA, when I clicked on the thread, I thought it said "Favorite Band".....so with that in mind, let me just throw Pearl jam and Led Zepplin out there as the soundtrack to my disc golf life with my bag filled 80% with Innova...

Slayer for sure and for the disc brand... Innova.

I went with Discraft because even though they were like the fourth brand I tried my hands like their plastics and molds best.

Had to go with Innova since I only own two other brand's discs... and they're both Millenium, so are they really different from Innova since that's who makes them?

I tried a couple Whamo Frisbee brand discs one time in a three pack at Ollie's Outlet Store and they were horrible.

Unfortunately, that all of the experience I have with different manufacturers.

I said Discraft. I do not have many of them, but their my favs. I really like ESP plastic. I also think I like Z plastic over Champ plastic. My fav putter is made by Ching. I like checking out different brands, so hopefully at some point I will be able to check out more than Innova, Discraft, and Ching.

I like Innova and Discraft equally, but since Discraft is based out of the home of that school up north, the tie goes to Innova. All of us Buckeyes know that Ann Arbor is a wh0re.

I like the durability of the Champion and Star plastics because I throw a fair number of thumbers and because I have some days where I think I am trying to clear cut the forest via golf discs.

On the other hand, I'd be lost without my Buzzz and my Soft Magnet.

Since Wham-O isn't on here I reluctantly went with Innova.

I am laughing all the way to the bank with that comment. Wham-o, despite the fact that they own the rights to the word Frisbee is the most inconsistent maker of discs ever. Innova and Discraft get the thumbs up from me, and I like Daredevil too but you know, they are in Canada.

Here is the sad thing, You would think the way I buy Innova disc's you would think it would be my fav. But I can't trow anything like I can my Avenger and Buzzz. Just because I trow them the best, I pick Discraft as my favorite disc.

Innova. Its what I started with and I'm hooked. I have tried Discraft and Quest and just prefer the Innova.

Same here, except I've never tried a Quest disc.

I've grown to really like and appreciate the Innova rating system, the system is detailed, makes good sense (to me), and so far has been pretty reliable. I do really like a few of the Discraft discs, but I am so familiar with Innova, and have been very pleased with their selection, quality, and performance, that I decided to stick with it. For me, if something works, then I typically don't look to change it, and that's how I feel about Innova. I have recently taken the last Discraft disc out of my bag, so now it is all Innova. I had a lot of trouble getting rid of the Breeze, very reliable, understable mid, but I finally found a Champion Cobra, which has made a great replacement disc for the Breeze.

For the record, the Drone, Breeze, Buzz, and Avenger are among the best discs that I have thrown.

HAHA, when I clicked on the thread, I thought it said "Favorite Band".....so with that in mind, let me just throw Pearl jam and Led Zepplin out there as the soundtrack to my disc golf life with my bag filled 80% with Innova...

rofl, +1 for PJ, -5 billion for Zep (biggest thieves of music ever)..oh wait disc golf.. INNOVA FTW!!!!!!!!!
personally, I find it ironic that people complain about Innova's inconsistency, when in my experience discraft is far more inconsistent

Last edited:
For the record, the Drone, Breeze, Buzz, and Avenger are among the best discs that I have thrown.

So why stop throwing them? I know you prefer Innova. I guess what I'm asking is with what Innova discs did you replace them?

I think I fell into the whole, 'Innova is the most available so Innova is the best sort of thing...' at first.

I picked up a Surge, Avenger SS, and Buzzz in the last three weeks and they have become three of my favorite discs. Although I like most of my Innova discs, only the Teebird and Rhyno really stick out as pure favorites. I just picked up a Groove (I've heard mixed reviews), a Leopard, and an R-Pro Aviar at a tournament this weekend, so well see how those go.

I can't wait until this happens when I stumble across more Gateway/Lat64/etc. discs in the future...

The Surge (especially in ESP plastic) and Buzzz are incredible discs. You should like the Groove pretty well, too. That and the TeeBird are the only Innova discs I really throw regularly. I throw mine in as light of weight as I can find. It is so fast and just rips out of my hand but does require a lot of spin. It also breaks in pretty fast, so be careful around trees.

I throw mostly Innova but my putters are Gateway and thats were my game is the best right now and where it saves strokes. So my vote is Gateway

I had a Breeze once, it was the most flippy POS I've ever seen and I'm not surprised they don't make it anymore. It was the only Discraft disc I didn't like though that I've thrown. I like Innova drivers, Discraft mids, and Gateway putters (Warlocks baby). I'm starting to like Millenium stuff too.

How does DGA and Lat 64 plastics break down compared to Innova/Discraft? Anybody? I'd like to try them out but I have no idea what opto line, etc. is.

Latest posts