• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FINALLY! got that Course

I'm with this guy. If you can't reach out and touch the basket or if you actually have to throw your disc and not just drop it in. You are not PARKED.

I'm going to add on a little more. If you can make it with your offhand 100% of the time, you aren't PARKED. If one of those guys you see around whose arms end at their elbow and like 3 gimp fingers come out can't make it blind folded after being shot in both feet, you aren't PARKED.

I'm going to add on a little more. If you can make it with your offhand 100% of the time, you aren't PARKED. If one of those guys you see around whose arms end at their elbow and like 3 gimp fingers come out can't make it blind folded after being shot in both feet, you aren't PARKED.

haha, this reminds of the 'you might be a redneck if...' routine.

seems like you are being very liberal with the term "parked". i consider a hole that is parked a no doubter for a putt, no option of missing it or bogeying the hole.

To me parked = my drive landing somewhere where I feel 100% confident I am going to make the putt. So yes, my definition is more liberal than yours, and I don't care to debate who's is correct beyond explaining how I view it.

To me, a 20' putt is "a no doubter for a putt" but once in a while I get a little too casual for my own good and miss it. Generally if my drive lands within the circle I call it parked, unless between me and the basket is a wall of pine trees (Looking at you, hole #13 at Arboretum).

Last edited:
To me parked = my drive landing somewhere where I feel 100% confident I am going to make the putt. So yes, my definition is more liberal than yours, and I don't care to debate who's is correct beyond explaining how I view it.

To me, a 20' putt is "a no doubter for a putt" but once in a while I get a little too casual for my own good and miss it. Generally if my drive lands within the circle I call it parked, unless between me and the basket is a wall of pine trees (Looking at you, hole #13 at Arboretum).

That's my definition as well. There's a difference b/w parked (I should make the putt) and a gimme putt (Couldn't miss if I tried).

My concept of 'parked': how parked u r to the pin varies inversely to how pissed u wud be if u missed the putt :)

Parked, to me, is inside 10ft, gimme range. Close enough that you can putt left handed, eyes closed, with your bag on your back and a beer in a right hand and you're taking a sip.

Last edited:
My goal wasn't so much course related as it is hole related.

10c19dd0_m.jpg

That's hole 8 at Arboretum, my home course. It's one of those holes where as I grew into better form I'd watch my discs get further and further down the fairway. I always wanted to put a drive pin deep. I always told myself, if I can just park this hole (425'), I will be content distance-wise. I remember when my drives were falling off around that small shrub to the left. Then I started getting under the first big tree. Last fall I had a few sweet throws with a worn Teebird that landed in between the two big trees, which is how I got my first birdie on it. It took me until this season to finally park it, and it felt ****ing great to accomplish a specific goal I set out to do long ago.

Now I just need to deuce hole #10 short and #11 long and I'll be happy with what I've done at that course :D Might be another year before that happens.

Yeah arboretum has some long holes, but they, like the pic you posted, are fairly open.

I finally just shot under par at my home course. Dexter State Park. The thing is I also missed 3 putts within 20 feet and ended even(three birdies and three bogeys)
Fast forward to three days after that and I shoot a -1 (4 birdies 3 bogeys) with the same thing happening. Me missing about 2-3 20 footers
All in all though I am happy. My main goal for 2010 was to par dexter and now I have done it twice:)

Latest posts