• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

I just write down my scores in a row of 20. Probably someone does

Anyone know how to make the spreadsheet work on an iphone?
That'd be the bees knees.

I think you would have to re-create it , but you could use google if you have an account and they have a mobile app for Android and iphone that should work.

You'll probably have to recreate it yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Similar to my simple putting practice routine...

I have 8 "stations" from 15-36 feet at 3 ft increments. I start at station 1 with 3 putters.

Same rule applies to all stations: Must make all 3 to move up. Make 2 and you stay. Make less than 2, go backwards.

Much more fun that standard putting as I get excited to move to new station and hate it if I move backwards.

This is starting in reverse... so I'll give it a whirl as well.

I give up :( shot a 990 rated round last night in league and having missed 4 in the circle to stop me getting that first elusive 1000 rated round I thought I'd go out and work on that putting. Normally I'm shooting 4 - 500 with lows of 350 ish and highs of just over 500 in the game.

Today I shot an all time low 259. It was like the basket was a long long way away and I couldn't even begin to focus on a chain let alone one link.

1000 rated rounds, you belong to other people :(

People that can putt....

First time a score on this game (high or low) hasn't motivated me to want to go again, that one just hurt :doh:

I gave up on this because my attention span doesnt do well on it. No matter how hard I try to concentrate, I end up chucking rapid fire putts at it, especially after stupid misses and that just leads into more stupid misses. Power to the people who can play this game, I cant. I like the Ultiworld 1-putter routine more as it makes me focus more on each and every putt, just like on the course.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2017...-routine-recreate-pressure-competitive-round/

I first picked up a disc two years ago and quickly fell in love with the sport. However, at this point my putting game is pretty miserable. I'm known to be prone to a couple of three- or four-putts per round. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the Jyly Android app and started playing it regularly. It's already helped me a lot and it's soooo addictive. It really is a godsend for us struggling with the droning monotone of putting practice. By making it a game which makes you shift stations constantly it's easy to play a couple of rounds per day, which already makes 200 putts.

14HjPSR.jpg

I play this in a park nearby, with three new baskets that the City has installed recently :clap: For standardised rounds, I made a string with pieces of tape marking the 5,6,7,8,9 and 10m stations. Works like a charm. Can't recommend this set-up enough for anyone looking to improve their putt. I'm sitting at 337 right now but am gunning for 400.

Played a couple days ago and scored 493. 456 average. What's baffling to me is I shot better from 8m 72% compared to 7m at 60% The misses were hitting off the cage mostly. For some reason I don't use enough power on shorter putts.

I tend to relax and go all out for longer putts. I don't have super high expectations. The shorter putts are when I tighten up.

Played a couple days ago and scored 493. 456 average. What's baffling to me is I shot better from 8m 72% compared to 7m at 60% The misses were hitting off the cage mostly. For some reason I don't use enough power on shorter putts.

I get this too. High % from 5/6 if I ever go there, but 7m drops in % and 8m a little better %
Everyone has a "middle" range - for me 8-10m is focus and need to putt with purpose. 5-6m is short and should be 100% in dry/calm.

Maybe it's the range just past 100% range that is the trouble spot. I too get caught putting too little power and hitting dead center just low off the cage. 100 putts can get tiring, so it's probably a combination of un-focus and fatigue.

I get this too. High % from 5/6 if I ever go there, but 7m drops in % and 8m a little better %
Everyone has a "middle" range - for me 8-10m is focus and need to putt with purpose. 5-6m is short and should be 100% in dry/calm.

Same, 7 meters tend to be about the same as 10 meters for me, 8 is a little better than both, 9 drops off the most and is my worse station.

Playing the long version of the game (11 -15) my 11 and 12 were as good as my 7.

The strangest part of this is that 7 meters is the longest spot on my decking where I do most of my putting practice and is probably the distance I have thrown most putts from in my lifetime.

For reference since we are talking stats, heres my overall from 2015 when I was using this regularly. Some times these were windy, and all putting on a old ching chainstar. I am happy with the stats, and am back to close to these numbers. I was 960s rated at the time.
Putting%20sheet_zpsarrvv1tm.png