• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Thoughts on this:

1. Thanks for making this. It's made it so that I actually look forward to getting outside in the winter and practicing my putting.
2. Just from playing this a couple of times, I've already caught and corrected two bad putting habits I had.
3. I probably need to invest in a real practice basket. My Innova Skil-Shot apparently doesn't enjoy playing catch.
4. I need to get a rope or string to tie to the bottom pole. I'm already wearing ruts in my yard at 7 & 8m away from where I setup my current basket.

just curious, what were the bad habits?

I destroyed two circle areas of my yard last year playing this game. Told my wife that we had grubs.

just curious, what were the bad habits?

I destroyed two circle areas of my yard last year playing this game. Told my wife that we had grubs.

I caught myself bringing my backswing to the left side of my body, which was pushing putts right. That had been plaguing me for the last 6 months. Also I was occasionally overextending my elbow, causing me to throw them hard at the bottom of the pole sometimes.

I'm a pure push putter, so these may not apply to everyone.

Lively discussion about this on Finnish DG forums, like every spring. Cmon forum lurker pros, we want to see you give this a shot and marvel at your stats! MJ? (I.e. dgpt putting stats king)

I have to ask: why do you want an app, when there's a mobile-friendly website? I mean, you can add websites to your home and aside from that, what's the benefit of a native app for you?

Localized storage of statistical history in app would be my reason. I, periodically, like to clear my browser data which deletes web-based app data as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, you can now download application for Android (for FREE) and iOS version will be available really soon too. Check out: http://jyly.peltola.me

Just downloaded on iPhone X. Super clean interface and simple to use. Hoping for more depth to the app in the near future. No stats available currently for past rounds or cumulative. Great start though!!

4abb30214f09f3b8b63cb309536e7557.png

Cool. Didn't realize there was a v2.0 out. I was still using a0.4.2.

Will this version overwrite my other? Curious because sometimes the old versions are better due to simplicity. New features often break the old ones.

Last edited:
Just got the app and played my first round (not going to give the score just yet).

It's very easy to use, I like it a lot. I agree with the others that having a history of scores and stats would make it an excellent app. I'd pay for it even (that's saying a lot).

Just got the app and played my first round (not going to give the score just yet).

It's very easy to use, I like it a lot. I agree with the others that having a history of scores and stats would make it an excellent app. I'd pay for it even (that's saying a lot).

I was going to post the same thing. I will pay for an upgrade that saves game history and tracks stats over time. Thanks for creating this app.

Pure Putt, an alternative putting app available in GooglePlay retains player stats. It offers three formats for scoring, but the "Pure" format would allow users to select whatever distance they desire. It would be best for practice and tracking stats at various distances. The player stats section also creates a player rating based on all activities at the various distances.

Last edited:
I want to like the jyly app but it needs to save at least the scores of the round you are playing in case you leave the app to check a text or something. I lost half a round of throw data because I left the app to check something else and when I returned to it I had to start all over. Maybe I am missing something but that would need to be fixed for me to use it.

My old version doesn't give specifics, but you can go and look at your total percentage for any given distance and how many rounds played, max and average scores. I can even leave the app and continue where I left off.
I wonder why things changed.

I want to like the jyly app but it needs to save at least the scores of the round you are playing in case you leave the app to check a text or something. I lost half a round of throw data because I left the app to check something else and when I returned to it I had to start all over. Maybe I am missing something but that would need to be fixed for me to use it.

Thats odd. Seems to me like a problem with your device more than the app. I always just use the online version.

Dang, I am slow and just heard about this game format today as there is a putting league starting up in January using it . . . I had to immediately set up a putting zone in my basement and try it out! Love it!! First attempt was 752 but I feel it was cheating as there is no wind, though the putting league will be indoors as well...I'm excited to go play now!

Latest posts