• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Post is a sad one

Momokahn

First off I would like to introduce myself and my name is Steve and I live north of the flood soaked area of Wichita, Ks. Just began disc golf a month ago and can't believe all the years wasted not playing this tremendous game.

Now for the sad news. Lost my first disc today. Was throwing a Skeeter since I am a noob and working on my technique. Did not have a towel with me and that was my mistake. Was throwing my disc at a straight away shot and my hands were wet and I launched my disc straight into a pond. Really liked that disc and even went wading for it until the water got to deep. Oh well, learned some more lessons today that I would not have learned if it had not been for that errant shot. Finished the day with my putter and waved goodbye to my first lost disc. Welcome to the club, right ?:)

Very much so. Especially if you play a course with water.

Welcome to the greatest addiction in the world. :hfive:

If theres a Skeeter on your Peter...Wack it off! Welcome to the game

always a full-size bath towel with me. if the disc gets wet, then wipe it. if you and the disc get wet, you're covered.

even for dust, honestly. i hate a dusty disc. messes with my grip, especially on super soft, rubbery discs.

Got some pretty cool guys down that way who you should try to link up with and learn some stuff. DD puts on some great tournaments in the state too. DD Open is in Emporia in just a couple weeks. If you make it up to Emporia some time shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell number so we can play a round. I'll do the same if I make it to Wichita. I used to live there and spend weekends there all the time but last few years nothing. I really want to get traveling to all the courses in the state I haven't played this next year. Welcome to DG and check out the KDGA for other tournaments.

Welcome to the greatest addiction in the world. :hfive:

:thmbup: Agreed

always a full-size bath towel with me. if the disc gets wet, then wipe it. if you and the disc get wet, you're covered.

even for dust, honestly. i hate a dusty disc. messes with my grip, especially on super soft, rubbery discs.

I think it's a waste of space in my bag to carry a bath towel. I feel a couple Microfiber towels & a couple of normal disc towels work just as well (if not better) & take up less space than a bath towel.

Somebody send this guy a skeeter.

If I had one, I would. Welcome to the addiction.

Wait till you lose a disc you REALLY love, like an ace disc (yeah, I know, I'm an idiot for continuing to throw my ace discs) or an OOP disc.

Sorry to hear it, but at least its a pretty easy disc to replace.

RIP Skeeter. Welcome to the best game to play on earth.

Wear a swimsuit when you play in the summer. It's half the fun. (At least it is in Texas).

Thanks for all of the hello's. Really looking forward to getting back out and playing again (couldn't today had to mow my 2 acres). My project in the near future is to put me a couple of baskets up here on my 2 acres and won't have to worry about that disc eating pond anymore. LOL Not really, be a great practice course.

Thanks for all of the hello's. Really looking forward to getting back out and playing again (couldn't today had to mow my 2 acres). My project in the near future is to put me a couple of baskets up here on my 2 acres and won't have to worry about that disc eating pond anymore. LOL Not really, be a great practice course.

But then you'll have to worry about that disc eating lawn mower....

That would be nice to have two acres for safari golf. You're lucky friend...

Wait till you lose a disc you REALLY love, like an ace disc (yeah, I know, I'm an idiot for continuing to throw my ace discs) or an OOP disc.

Sorry to hear it, but at least its a pretty easy disc to replace.

I'm going to have to disagree here. I think people who STOP throwing discs they've aced with are the idiots. Why the hell would you stop throwing the disc you apparently only have to thrown once a hole? :doh:

Found a champion valkyrie in a tree today at La Mirada and struggled to get it, finally this guy ran up and climbed the tree an knocked it down, no Ink... I dont really throw valks so i gave it to the guy

Latest posts